security checks after AP?

TSC05

Registered Users (C)
I heard rumors that entering on advance parole triggers more extensive background checks during the 485 processing. The same seems to be true for those who use EAD for work. This leads to delays in 485 approval ...

Does anyone have information on this?? Saras76, poongrunarar, any comments?

I am using it. Just been to Jamaica and returned on AP. Also, I am using EAD. That does not mean I am endorsing anything. You need to assess your situation and act accordingly. I just liked the independance afforded by AP and EAD. You can stay with your current employer and worry about it everyday or enjoy your life as much as you can by just keeping AP and EAD current. Who is to say it will be a smooth sailing for people who are still stuck with there employers because they are scared... Even if it invites more scrutiny so be it.. if you papers are intact you should not be scared. thats just my take.

Not an Issue.

hopefull1 said:
I am using it. Just been to Jamaica and returned on AP. Also, I am using EAD. That does not mean I am endorsing anything. You need to assess your situation and act accordingly. I just liked the independance afforded by AP and EAD. You can stay with your current employer and worry about it everyday or enjoy your life as much as you can by just keeping AP and EAD current. Who is to say it will be a smooth sailing for people who are still stuck with there employers because they are scared... Even if it invites more scrutiny so be it.. if you papers are intact you should not be scared. thats just my take.

In 2005, I went to India and re-entered using AP. At Airport, me and my family were asked to go for secondary inspection. I handed over passports with AP documents in it. We were made to sit for 30 minutes. My name was called and we were handed over with Passports and stampled APs. So, there is there is no issue.

Hope it Helps.

Recently entered on AP

We have been in on AP recently and we had fingerprint done on Feb 14th and got cleared on same day. Something holding on our approval. I have been current from Feb. Recently opened formal enquiry. No response yet :confused:

EB2-RIR-India
PD - 06/2001
Concurrent file 140/485 RD 07/2004
140 AD - 02/2005
485 AD - ??????? LUD - 07/19/05
FP1 - 03/2005 (Code1)
FP2 - 02/14/06 (Code3