Security check pending

VJB

Registered Users (C)
I applied for citizenship in Sept. 04 and passed the interview in Jan. 05, but I was told my security check was pending. It is still pending now. I called the officer who interviewed me and she said there is absolutely nothing I can do about it but wait. I tried to make an appointment through Info pass but the website said no information sessions were available.
Should I contact my local congressman at this point?
Is the security check the same as name check? Or is it going to take much longer than name check? Are these checks done on everybody or just those of us who have bad luck?
Can anyone provide me with a phone number or address of FBI background check division? I need to contact them but do not even know where to begin.

Thank you for your help.
VJB

VJB said:
Is the security check the same as name check?

Yes

Or is it going to take much longer than name check? Are these checks done on everybody or just those of us who have bad luck?

name check is performanced on everyone who applies citizenship

VJB said:
I applied for citizenship in Sept. 04 and passed the interview in Jan. 05, but I was told my security check was pending. It is still pending now. I called the officer who interviewed me and she said there is absolutely nothing I can do about it but wait. I tried to make an appointment through Info pass but the website said no information sessions were available.
Should I contact my local congressman at this point?
Is the security check the same as name check? Or is it going to take much longer than name check? Are these checks done on everybody or just those of us who have bad luck?
Can anyone provide me with a phone number or address of FBI background check division? I need to contact them but do not even know where to begin.

Thank you for your help.
VJB
How did you call your interviewer officer please? I really need to call mine or get a hold of her

I consulted a lawyer and pressed for the phone number for my local CIS office. It was not the right number, but I tried all different menu options and finally got it. But there is no use to get hold of her in my case.

I just read Rahul's postings and downloaded his attachments. His attachments pretty much answered my questions. Thank you Rahul.
I still do not understand why it takes some of us so long while it only took less than six months for a lot of other people. Is it because we put something suspicious on our application? I tried to be really honest and put a traffic ticket and professional affilication on the application. Am I being stupid by being honest? If yes, then this country is not that fair after all.

VJB said:
I just read Rahul's postings and downloaded his attachments. His attachments pretty much answered my questions. Thank you Rahul.
I still do not understand why it takes some of us so long while it only took less than six months for a lot of other people. Is it because we put something suspicious on our application? I tried to be really honest and put a traffic ticket and professional affilication on the application. Am I being stupid by being honest? If yes, then this country is not that fair after all.

your name check is based on your birth country, DOB and names you have been used before. it is nothing to do with your application. USCIS sends your name / birth country / DOB for name check. so I do not think FBI even knows what you put down in your application form at all.

name check is YMMV. may be your name got a hit? may be someone has the same or similar name as you and they are on FBI list?
may be they profile a list of specific countries and yours is one of them?

it is very hard to compare your name check vs other name check thou.

It may not have anything to do with my application, but I am not sure my country is profiled either. I met a woman while waiting for my interview who is from the same country, and she got citizenship in March already. I guess no matter why this is happening to me, I have to deal with this mess and do not know when this ordeal is going to end.
By the way, what is YMMV, ocworker?

VJB said:
It may not have anything to do with my application, but I am not sure my country is profiled either. I met a woman while waiting for my interview who is from the same country, and she got citizenship in March already. I guess no matter why this is happening to me, I have to deal with this mess and do not know when this ordeal is going to end.
ymmv = your mileage may vary

Second ocworker on all his reasons for a delay in the name check.

VJB said:

i am not sure you are a male or a female from the same country of someone whom you met during your waiting for your interview thou.

if a male from their "targeted" country, mostly they would take their time to do a detail search on the name check. however, it does not mean it would happen to you, or it won't happen to a female too.

wish you luck

the fact of the matter is , you have to get an answer within 120 today from the interviews , ather wise you case SUE the immigration to make a destion on your case , its called write of Mandamus action , Stop waisting your time and just you have to hire a lawyer to do this write of Mandamus action , it will cost you some money but it will get a result at the end and you will be amazed witht the result

What kind of answer are you referring to, Osama? I got two things at the end of my interview:
1. Result sheet that says I passed the interview, but a decision cannot be made.
2. Notice to Applicants Regarding National Security Checks. It basically said that the checks are out of CIS' control, and I should not make any inquiry within 120 days.
Now, 120 days have long passed. I have not heard anything from them. Are these the answer they are suppose to give me? I do not want to waste time, but isn't it unfair that people like us have to spent so much additional energy and possibly money?

VJB said:
What kind of answer are you referring to, Osama? I got two things at the end of my interview:
1. Result sheet that says I passed the interview, but a decision cannot be made.
2. Notice to Applicants Regarding National Security Checks. It basically said that the checks are out of CIS' control, and I should not make any inquiry within 120 days.
Now, 120 days have long passed. I have not heard anything from them. Are these the answer they are suppose to give me? I do not want to waste time, but isn't it unfair that people like us have to spent so much additional energy and possibly money?

its by the status that , if 120 days passed and immigration did not give you a descion on your case , you can file a lawsuit in the fedral court asking the court the nurtlize you , in this case the CIS descion become arralvant

Excuse me, but who do you press for the number and how? Thank you

VJB said:
I consulted a lawyer and pressed for the phone number for my local CIS office. It was not the right number, but I tried all different menu options and finally got it. But there is no use to get hold of her in my case.