Second Video Taped Interview

j4gc

Registered Users (C)
I just received a letter from my local INS office for me and my USC spouse to appear for second VIDEO TAPED interview in 2 weeks time, on the letter am told the interview will be video taped, thet i should bring my I-94 card, current letter from employer for me and my wife(presently am not working but my wife is working), medical Exam result form I-693.

My case is kinda strange because i was already married to a US citizen, she file for me but we couldnt really live together she didnt wanna work, i was paying all the bills life was terrible for me, she was using me, so we divorced while my AOS was pending, She withdrew the application.....during that hectic period i met my currently wife...she file for me in Sept, 2006 and i was interviewed in Dec 2006......,

So now am going for a second interview that will be video tape and my current marrriage is going to be 2 years 15 days after the interview.

Pls gurus................advise me on what to expect and what do to.

It seems that IO (Dec. '06) was not satisfied as to the bonafide of the marriage. Irrespective of what papers are asked for, pl carry documentary evidence establishing joint ownership/lease of house, car(s), insurances, investment including bank accounts. Photo's with family members, marriage photographs, and notarized statement of family members.

IO may decide to interview you & your spouse separately, with a view to cross check the answers. The questions usually are trivial like what toothpaste your spouse uses, what dinner you had last night etc. Though not common but there are instances where IO’s have even asked personal intimate questions.

CIS basically is looking for proof that the couple is living together as man & wife and is in legitimate married relationship. To my experience and understanding joint house ownership and kids usually can swing the case in your favor.

Post more details of your case and detailed description of your 1st interview for more posters to chip in.

Best of luck.

my first interview was very smooth, the officer ask us when we got married, we gave enough documents to prove that we are living together, my wife co-signed a student loan for me, a lot of interesting documents, My wife even told the officer that he should give advance parole that we are traveling abroad to see my family, the officer demanded for ticket, and my showed him, he was okay.... he said everything looks good..BUT he has to recall my other file which my first wife filed for me, that he cannot make a decision until he sees that file. ...and the most important problem is that my 2nd marriage anniverssary is just two week after the interview, i want to postpone the interview so that i will not be given conditional card, if the interview is schedule after the 2nd anniverssary of my marriage i will be given an unconditional green card.............pls advise

my first interview was very smooth, the officer ask us when we got married, we gave enough documents to prove that we are living together, my wife co-signed a student loan for me, a lot of interesting documents, My wife even told the officer that he should give advance parole that we are traveling abroad to see my family, the officer demanded for ticket, and my showed him, he was okay.... he said everything looks good..BUT he has to recall my other file which my first wife filed for me, that he cannot make a decision until he sees that file. ...and the most important problem is that my 2nd marriage anniverssary is just two week after the interview, i want to postpone the interview so that i will not be given conditional card, if the interview is schedule after the 2nd anniverssary of my marriage i will be given an unconditional green card.............pls advise

You can't just reschedule for such frivolous reason. The IO may be kind enough to delay the approval for 1 week by asking you to mail something, just for the sake of the delay.

I don't see rescheduling an interview a moral issue. Since you are benefited, go ahead and make sure that you find a valid reason.

Best of luck.

And why you think that the new appointment will be 15 days after your second anniversary?

I mean...you are free to do (reschedule/or not), you will have anyway your interview. But remember...many people just want to get done with it. Don't want to sound negative...but hopefully they get your petition for re-schedule it and to get then the new interview date. Just a thought.

But I do understand that after been only 15 days so close to get done with USCIS...just remind you that right now you are going for second interview for a reason.

By the way...you say something very curious...are you sure that the interview (the first one) was due to your first marriage? or still there is something pending on your earlier case? you said that she, your ex wife, withdrew the application but the AOS is yours...the I-130 is hers. Just check it out.

By the way...you say something very curious...are you sure that the interview (the first one) was due to your first marriage? or still there is something pending on your earlier case? you said that she, your ex wife, withdrew the application but the AOS is yours...the I-130 is hers. Just check it out.

Good point!

OP (original poster) - Do you still have the paperwork from the previous AOS? Do you have your old Case Number? You can enter it on the USCIS website and it will give you the most recent status. For example, I had an old employment based AOS from 2000 that I had withdrawn when I left the country. When I found the old paperwork, I entered in the case number and verified that the official status of my old AOS was that they accepted my withdraw request for it. Which is a lot better than having it say "denied".

Do you have the case numbers for the I-130 and I-485, you could look up the I-130 and see if she did indeed officially have it withdrawn.

My interview was today, it was very short and simple. i was not even video taped. The Man ask my wife is we have kids, we said no. But my wife is pregnant , i told her abt it, she demanded a later from the doctor and i gave it to her with the scan picture of the unborn baby, she demanded for more pictures, i gave pictures of the vacation we took in brazil, she damanded for my passport and my wifes passport to verfiy the we actually travel same time, she saw everything.......then she carefully review my file and said everything look ok and ask my if my first Marriage was scam marriage i said no, she ask repeatedly, ask why i divorced, i told her all abt it, she said she will need her supervisor to review the first marriage.......she also said the first petition by my first wife was still active if i did not redrew it, i told that my ex-wife redrew the petition......she complained the she hasnt seen it on file, the withdrawal letter.................she said that her supervisor will have to review my file again because the first marriage was suspected to be scam and demanded my passpot and my wifes passport and photocopied the pages that was stamped whe we left US and came back.............................guys what do you think? am i going to be approved, what shoould i do?