Second RFE

piltrafo

Registered Users (C)
Hello:

I'm new to the portal. I am an asylee (derived). aplied for adjustment on March 2005. in Jan 06 we were transfered to Texas. My son (6 years old) was left in Nebraska and received his GC 1 month ago. Meanwhile my wife and I submitted the RFI in March 06, had BIO 3 done in April, medicals in May 06.

Updates come and go for both my mife and I. Last week only my wife had an update 3 days ago specifying that USCIS sent a letter requesting aditional evidence. I had no LUD

Has anybody else received a second RFE? What could it be? Why would they leave my son in Nebraska and send my wife and I to Texas?

We have never gone outside the country since we arrived, nor had any problems wioth the law or anything.

I hope anyone can provide an an answer.

I guess what you mean is that first you had and RFI and then and RFE:
RFI: Request for Initial Evidence (Medicals etc.)
RFE: Request for Evidence (could be anything)

This is standard, if they are missing some info, not to worry.

piltrafo said:
Hello:

I'm new to the portal. I am an asylee (derived). aplied for adjustment on March 2005. in Jan 06 we were transfered to Texas. My son (6 years old) was left in Nebraska and received his GC 1 month ago. Meanwhile my wife and I submitted the RFI in March 06, had BIO 3 done in April, medicals in May 06.

Updates come and go for both my mife and I. Last week only my wife had an update 3 days ago specifying that USCIS sent a letter requesting aditional evidence. I had no LUD

Has anybody else received a second RFE? What could it be? Why would they leave my son in Nebraska and send my wife and I to Texas?

We have never gone outside the country since we arrived, nor had any problems wioth the law or anything.

I hope anyone can provide an an answer.

As far as the separation of files goes, the service considers each individual as an individual. They don't care relationship. I have the same experience. they sent some of childrens' application to Texas while others remain in Nebraska. THere is nothing to worry in that regard. As far the RFE goes it could be anything. Let us know what it is when you recieve it. I got RFE many times. sometime medical and BIO; other times birth certificate and passports...Just wait and see what want when you get it through the mail.

One thing about your case is as long as you are getting RFE you case is active. They are working on it, and that is good. Don't be scared RFE. It some times intimidates people but it always easy...good luck

We received the letter for my wife. It seems like the lawyer who assited us in filing the I-485 missed responding to one of the questions in the form (if we had any association to any political organizations, etc. Part 3, section C). All we have to so is simply perpare an affidavit with the simple response listing the political organization (as explained in the aylum applicatuion), notarize it and send it to USCIS. I am pretty sure that once they have it they will issue her the GC.

Regarding my adjustment my wife and I always had the same LUD's until this october 31st whe they sent her the above mentioned request-letter. I wonder if my application is pending on her response?? Has anybody had a similar experience??

piltrafo said:
We received the letter for my wife. It seems like the lawyer who assited us in filing the I-485 missed responding to one of the questions in the form (if we had any association to any political organizations, etc. Part 3, section C). All we have to so is simply perpare an affidavit with the simple response listing the political organization (as explained in the aylum applicatuion), notarize it and send it to USCIS. I am pretty sure that once they have it they will issue her the GC.

Regarding my adjustment my wife and I always had the same LUD's until this october 31st whe they sent her the above mentioned request-letter. I wonder if my application is pending on her response?? Has anybody had a similar experience??

Similar situation for one of my relatives. However, USCIS received the RFE response on January 06, and they still waiting for their green card..., they have fingerprints and medicals on file.... so dont be very excited, because it may take a long time before they issue the gc...

No need for affidavit

I don't think you need to send an affidavit. Simply responde the answer that was missinig and that's it. You don't need to notarize or send any affidavit if they are not asking you to.