SECOND INTERVIEW & NAME OF AN OFFICER

anigma27

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I had my interview in Garden City, NY in August 2005. I did not get stamp in the time of an interview. My husband petitioned me in July 2003, and we had the interview exactly 2 years from the date of filling. The interview went well, and the officer said that everything looks good and that I just need to send them one more document, which we did within a month.

Nothing....until a note about second interview in March 2006. My husband could not go, so I went there myself and left the form (made sure they stamped it). And like always they didn't tell me anything abotu the rescheduled interview.
I cannot remember the name of my officer.Can I find out somehow.
Or maybe someone was interview my the same, old, Asian man. His English was not that good.

After I read some post, I am going to try to write a letter to a congressman. Any advise on that, and my situation.

Did anyone have a second interview? What do they want, I did not have any problem on the first interview?

I called today Garden City, to find out the name of my officer, and they told me to come to the office?

Thank you and good luck to all of us.
:confused: :confused:

So you went on the day of the second interview, your husband did not and what they stamp you? Have you make an INFOPASS?

Good luck,

Yes. They just stamped the form they sent me, I guess as a prove that I was there.
Any advice on that ?

Thank you

But you did not reschedule the second interview? I mean, that they stamp your interview notice does not mean anything...?

Well, that the problem. They won't let you to reschedule. They just tell you that you will be notified, that's it. This whole system is wrong.
By the way, I posted a quesstion, and now I am answering the questions. Please....

Sorry I need to make a question so then understand your post, so you know...

It is my understanding that the process to reschedule an interview is not going there at the time of the interview. You must call the 800 number, on your interview notice states the procedure when the person can't attend the interview on the date given (at the bottom of the notice).

Make an INFOPASS and take all your documents with you and check what is going on or if they are awaiting for something else from your part or if you have to call again for a reschedule.

See, the part that I don't understand is why you left the note there. Even so, they did not gave you anything so you can at least has a proof of it. And I never heard that somebody who wants to reschedule their interview went the day of the interview over there. Normally you call and there is other part that you should do.

Anyway, make an INFOPASS that is the first thing to do. And normally when they reschedule interviews takes another month or so to do so.

Good luck,

Again that was not the first interview. I was just got a simple form about an apointment to "Adjust the Status" (after 7 months after the interview).
I actually wanted to send this form back (that's what the bottom of the form says- to sign and return if you cannot come)but my lawer told me that considering how much mess they have and how inconsistent they are, I better go there personally on the day of the interview and make sure they stamp this form.
I do agree. There was so many time that I called, let's say for a change of address, (sending the form on the top of that) and after half a year, they still have my old address.
I believe, there is no INFOPASS to Garden City, you just go there.....
In any other institution you could probably reschedule interview yourself, and even pick a day, but not with them. If they say to jump, you ask how high....

Thank you

I'm not sure whether my experience might help you or not.

I applied for GC in 05/2001, had the interview in early 2003. Due to post 911 security check, I didn't get the stamp that day. Several months later I received another interview notice. At the interview asked me to sign some paper after answering questions on the paper (similar ones when you fill out 485, regarding whether you have done anything illegal, etc.) The reason I needed to sign this was because I had to have my FP done twice because they were unclassifiable. I also gave the interviewer police clearance. For me this was the reason for the second interview. I got the passport stamp that day.

How many times have you had your FP done? Did they ask you for police clearance?

Thank you for your reply.
So far I had one FP done (for I-485)in October 2005, and no, they did not ask me for police clearance.
I am a bit confused?, Where you there with your wife or alone?. For me it looked like they want to see just me, but my lawyer told me differently.
This week I went to Garden City and left the written enquiry about status on my case.
How long do you think it will take them to set up another interview. Few lawyers told me that you never know. It may last from a month to a year. I am really scared that I may have to wait that long. In July it will 3 years since I got married.

Do you also feel offended by the current immigration debate. I mean,it's offending to us, who are legally, and wait...?

Thank you

anigma27 said:
Thank you for your reply.
So far I had one FP done (for I-485)in October 2005, and no, they did not ask me for police clearance.
I am a bit confused?, Where you there with your wife or alone?. For me it looked like they want to see just me, but my lawyer told me differently.
This week I went to Garden City and left the written enquiry about status on my case.
How long do you think it will take them to set up another interview. Few lawyers told me that you never know. It may last from a month to a year. I am really scared that I may have to wait that long. In July it will 3 years since I got married.

Do you also feel offended by the current immigration debate. I mean,it's offending to us, who are legally, and wait...?

Thank you

For the first interview, both of us were required to be there. For the second one I kinda remembered only I myself was required (I forgot the details), but we both were there anyway.

To clarify a little bit, I think the reason I had second interview was because I had to sign some affidavit paper at the spot. The reason I had to sign the paper was because my finger prints were done twice and both were unreadable. So I was required to get the police clearance. In addition to the clearance, they also required an affidavit to be signed.

I understand your frustration. I also waited for over two and half years for my GC. I guess just do what you can and try to relax if possible. They might have some other documents for you to sign or have some questions for you to clarify. Maybe by going through your files again by yourself will help you identify any possible reasons for a second interview.

Hope this helps!

Thank you . Now I am concern about when they are going to schedule the interview. I really cannot wait another few months for that.

Regards

anigma27 said:
Thank you . Now I am concern about when they are going to schedule the interview. I really cannot wait another few months for that.

Regards

Call the 800 number and wait on the phone until you get a hold of an immigration office. Talk to human beings rather sending papers....especially in that you are in Garden City which, from this forum, seem to be the wrost ever. INFOPASS is very neccessary here.

anigma27 said:
I cannot remember the name of my officer.Can I find out somehow.
Or maybe someone was interview my the same, old, Asian man. His English was not that good.

anigma27 said:
I called today Garden City, to find out the name of my officer, and they told me to come to the office?

Did you check your passport? My officer during my Garden City interview wrote on one of the pages of my passport "Pending i-485..." and his name and the date of the interview.

Good Luck and Keep us posted.