Second H1-B stamping in Canada

anky

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,
Please advise.
Background:
I came to the US in 1996 on an F1 visa, stamped from Bombay. In 2000, I took up a job and got an H1-B approval. Same year, I went to Canada and got the H1-B stamped (from F1 to H1). Following that I changed my job three times (every time I transferred my H1 to the new employer).
Currently I have an approval for H1-B with my current employer, valid upto Dec 2005. The stamp in my passport has expired in early 2002 (hence cannot send for revalidation with in the US).
Question is - can I go to Toronto again, and get a new H1-B stamp? I have US education, my first H1 stamp was from Canada, I have never been out of status. However I heard that there were some recent rule changes as a result of which everyone is requried to go back to their home countries, is that true? Is anyone out there who had a previous H1 stamp, and recently went to Canada to get another H1 stamped successfully?

Hi,

Have you gotten an answer to your question - If we can get 1st US H1B visa stamp from Canada.

I'm going to Ottawa to get my H1B visa stamp and would really need to know if this is allowed.

i just got my h-1 stamped last week from toronto. This was my third h1 stamp. My last one got expired in June 2004.

arm5262 said:
i just got my h-1 stamped last week from toronto. This was my third h1 stamp. My last one got expired in June 2004.

hi arm5262: when you got your H1 stampped. in Jan this month. hey reply please..

arm5262 said:
yeah on 4th jan 2005..from toronto
thanks for the reply.. one more question.. did you have the US masters.. or you had previous visa from India(home country).. pls reply.

srsin said:
thanks for the reply.. one more question.. did you have the US masters.. or you had previous visa from India(home country).. pls reply.
I have an MS degree from US and 2 H-1 visa's stamped previoously, one from toronto and one from state dept. THe did not ask me any thing but the employment letter and I-797.

Successful Visa Stamping from Toronto

Hey guys,

I successfully got my H1B Visa and my son's and spouse's H4 visa stampings done from Toronto on Jan 19th.

And one more thing....I have all Indian degrees. No US degrees at all.

Two things that the officer wanted to see were:
Approval Notices
Employment Letter

one more thing....

and one more thing....

This was my third time H1B Stamping!

My first one was from Bombay and the second one was from The Department at St. Louis.

bbindian said:
and one more thing....

This was my third time H1B Stamping!

My first one was from Bombay and the second one was from The Department at St. Louis.

Thanks for very useful information.. does they take 3 days to return you passport with stamp .. or same day..
pls reply..

Wait times

srsin said:
Thanks for very useful information.. does they take 3 days to return you passport with stamp .. or same day..
pls reply..

In Toronto, you get the approved visa the day after your interview. In some other consulates in Canada, you might get it the same day!

Stuck in Vancouver

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess most of the Pakistani's get stuck in Canada when they come for their H1 stamping. I had and interview on Feb7th 2005. The officer said my case needs special handling....didnt say how much time it would take......any one who knows what this means and ....if someone could share their updates that would be great....Thanks

bbindian said:
In Toronto, you get the approved visa the day after your interview. In some other consulates in Canada, you might get it the same day!

Hi bbindian,

After landing, I want to do revalidation also for me and for my wife who is a dependent.

(1) Should I get two separate appointments, one for me and one for my wife ?

(2) The visa application package includes the visa application forms, an information sheet, and a pre-coded deposit slip for the non-refundable USD$100 processing fee. The fee must be paid at any branch of the Bank of Nova Scotia (ScotiaBank) located in the province of Ontario before coming to the Consulate.

I saw this (2) point in toronto US consulate website. Is this applicable to other US consulates also in Canada to deposit $100 in scotia bank ?

I really appreciate your help in this.

Thanks
Arun