Second Fingerprint Notice

vijay_2525

dear friends,
i rescheduled my initial fingerprint notice because i had to travel out of country at that time. i\'m still on vacation in a different country(india) but unfortunately INS sent another notice that says as follows

"Please come in on any Wednesday or Saturday to make
up your finger prints. Remember you only have 84
days to do so from the date on the original letter.
Bring Original letter."

my question is what is the date on the original letter? there are 2 dates on original notice.
a. Notice date - Jan 30, 2002 and
b. date & time of appointment: 3/14/02 3:00 pm

could you please explain how does INS counts 84 days.
is it from notice date or appointment date? hope i don\'t have to break my vacation for this. pls advise ASAP.

Vijay

Why are you taking chances with INS? Is it possible for you to cut short vacation? I would do that.

Also, you rescheduled your FP but INS may not have received it. If they did , they usually give a new date.

Option 1
Reschedule again by sending them letter. Keep a copy with you. If possible do it throught your attorney (for records). Send through certified letter. Also fax the same.

Option 2
Cut short vacation. Do it before the Jan date +84. Do not take chances for appointed date + 84.

Consequences
Your 485 will be considered abondoned. Do not worry. You can apply agin. But why take this route?

dates of your appointment ?

hi,

can you let me know which centre u applied ?
where you got FP notice from ?

when was your first FP date ? when did u get ur second FP ? how long did u have to wait for it ?

please reply