Sec 245(i)/ H-1 beyond 6 years

surendranath kunisetty

Registered Users (C)
I got my H-1 approved beyond 6 years(1 year 8 months more). I applied For my GC in Dec 1997. Am I eligible under section 245(i)? (Consider that I am wroking beyond 6 years).

Help me
Thanks

No Title

Hi, MArk,
Could you give us a little more details? Ex. which center and what kind of document was required?

Af

No Title

Hi, Mark,
I should explain more clearly.
I am going to extend my H-1 at VSC. My H-1 expires its 6 year limit next month. 485 is filed along with EAD in Nov, 2000. It seems EAD will not be approved by the time of my H-1 expiration. So, I am thinking to extend my H-1 for another year. What I would like to find out from you is how long and what document it needs for beyond 6 year H-1 extension.
Thank you.

AF

No Title

You are in the wrong discussion. My situation is different than yours. My situation is when I applied for my H-1 extension last time INS approved it beyond 6 years( I did not get the extension by using S.2045). I have applied for my GC in Dec 1997 and labor is cleared.
My question is if I work using the approved H-1(beyond 6 years), Am I eligible under section 245(i) to get my green card.

Thanks