Seattle Trfs Case On 1st June-nsc

gsearcher

Registered Users (C)
PD 01/23/01,
I-140 Aug 13 01,
I-485 RD 11/29/01,
Case TRF'S 05/23/03 To SEATTLE,
TRF'S Letter from NSC 05/30/03,
Waiting for Interview letter from Seattle INS,WA.

Hi gsearcher,

I am in the same boat. Here is my detail ...

RD - Dec 01
TD - 15 may 03 to Seattle

Still waiting for the interview letter. Let us track together this.

Thanks,
gcmay01

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your update gcmay01,

Let's keep track.

I heard it takes one month to receive a letter from seattle INS and one month waiting period for the interview.

I'm excepting my interview to be in the month of august.

Thanks for your update gcmay01,

Let's keep track.

I heard it takes one month to receive a letter from seattle INS and one month waiting period for the interview, Any Idea?

I'm excepting my interview to be in the month of august.

Actually I also went to seattle local office and according to them it will take 4-6 weeks to receive the file from the center and after that they will schedule the interview. I already completed 5 weeks but no info yet.

Hi,

Today(07/15/03) I received my second fingerprint appointment letter from seattle ins office to appear on 08/02/03 for finger print in Burien(Near seattle airport). But, I went directly to the burien-application support center to check with the office staff to find out any walk-ins allowed. I'm lucky, They allowed me and my wife to take fingerprint. Still waiting to hear from Seattle INS. I'll keep you posted.

Hi gcsearcher,

Thanks for the information. I also received the 2nd FP notice yesterday only. Planning to go on this Saturday. Keep posting.

Thanks,

Seattle Transfer and interview

Hi,

This reply lists everything that we went through upon being transferred from NSC to the local office in Seattle. I thought that it might be helpful to you all.

Our 485 application was made in late October 2001, shortly after we married. Fingerprints taken in March 2002 and then nothing until an RFE was issued in February 2003. We responded and this was followed by transfer letter that arrived in mid-April. We were to attend local INS office in Seattle for interview in mid-May. The interview was because of our recent marriage before the adjustment stage.

In our case, the letter requesting that we attend the interview was received about 6 weeks before the actual date. This was slightly faster than normal, according to our lawyer.

We gathered copies of wedding pics, tax returns, joint accounts, bank letter, car insurance etc. My employer (a large software company in the Redmond area) offered to supply a lawyer to attend with us. The lawyer attended with us and made the whole thing easy and quick.

We arrived at mid-May 2003, 7.30AM at the Seattle office. My interview was for 8AM and my wife's for 8.30AM. Note: parking is difficult - arrive early!. Outside the INS office there was a long line of people. If you are scheduled for interview you do not need to join the queue. There are two doors at the office, one for the long line of people, and another door on the right for other business. Go to this other door and give the guards the interview notice. You pass through a search, and metal detector, and then into the waiting area. You give the interview notice to a INS person (or leave it in a tray) as you enter the room.

We met our laywer in the room and he explained the process. He seemed to know many of the INS people there. He spoke to the INS people and arranged for both of us to be interviewed at the same time, instead of seperately. After about 90 minutes, we were called in to see the INS officer. She swore us in, and asked to see our proof documents (which she returned to us), she asked the list of standard questions and began filling in the forms for the green card. Then she took a single finger print and asked us to sign the green card signature form. Our laywer asked if she could get the 'visa' number now (I'm not sure what this meant). She left the office and returned after about 10 minutes with two forms, aparently approval notices, and said "That's it - you are now permanent residents - Congratulations!". She stamped our passports with the I-551 and told us that it was actually lucky for us to have been transferred to local INS because since we'd been approved at a local office, the green cards would arrive much faster than from NSC- she said that the fastest case she knew about 5 days, but 20 days was more usual. She was exactly right - 20 days later our green cards arrived in the post!

My lawer suggested me to request application support center (near seattle airport, Burien) Is there any way to do my finger print before scheduled date, If they say no and ask you to come on the appointment date, she told me to walk out and don't ask further question with them.

One thing about second finger print is, My lawer said that my case file should have reached seattle local INS office and an officer should have opened my case and found my finger print more than one year old and request to go for another new finger print. Which means, my case should be in seattle local office right now and an officer is appointed to take care.

So, gcmay01 your case should be same as mine, I guess your file should have reached seattle office and someone should have opened your case.

GCMAY01, is there by any chance, can I get your email id.

Thanks for posting and thanks to Pdar, your Information is very helpful.

Case transferred to local INS

My case was transferred fom NSC on June 3rd 2003.
My details:
RD 11/2001
RFE 02/2003 -- For Employment
Trf Dt 06/2003

Interview at Seattle?????

gsearcher and gcmay01,
whe were your first Fingerprints done?

Thanks gcsearcher for the detailed information. I will do the same thing tomorrow and will post here experience. I am sending you a pm with my email id , please acknowledge it.

Thanks pdar for your experience. This will be very helpful at the time of interview. One question, Did they ask for BC, MC, Bank statement etc.. .?

Hi gsearcher,

I have also done with my 2FP. Just wondering, did your message is updated on BCIS status side after 2FP?? Did you get my PM ?

Thanks

Hi,
I think,Once the case gets transfer to the local office, BCIS doesn't get updated, I don't why?. No matter how many FP or EAD to AP etc you get.

I didn't get your PM, Here is my email-id harivenkatesh@hotmail.com send me an email to my PM-id.

Good that you got your FP done on saturday. Instead of waiting.!

Thanks for your update.

GCMAY01, KING2378 OR ANYBODY.

ANY NEWS FROM SEATTLE LOCAL INS?, DID YOU RECEIVE ANY INTERVIEW OR APPROVAL LETTER. I HAVEN"T RECEIVED NONE.

I'M WAITING!