Scanner (using proxy servers)

blackbird2000

Registered Users (C)
Dos...

Just be careful. Everyone running scans from proxy servers will cause Denial Of Service to many others. I suggest only one person runs the scans periodically and updates the results. You do it for now.....

will_get_there

will_get_there said:
Just be careful. Everyone running scans from proxy servers will cause Denial Of Service to many others. I suggest only one person runs the scans periodically and updates the results. You do it for now.....

will_get_there

Thanks. I think scan once a month is enough. Currently, I just want scan all cases in my ND (SRC040125xxxx).

Code:
Updated scan result for ND 10/16/03:
I scanned 3000 cases (SRC0401250001 - SRC0401253000) 

I-140:
                98  Total
                49  Approved   (39 are approved in August, 04)
                44  Received
                 5  RFE
--------------------------------------------------------------                 
I-485:          
               141   Total
                 2   Approved   
                25   Received
                 1   RFE
                99   Resumed/FP recvd
                12   Transferred

Last edited by a moderator:
Code:
I-140 monthly data from the thread "Texas Consolidated I140 Scanner":

Total   Approved   Received   RFE

Apr, 03        363      206        91       42

Mar, 03        637      334       180       76

Feb, 03        213      151        38       11

Jan, 03        573      444        50       62

Please scan for the Application filed on June

Hi Blackbird,
i liked your statics .Can you scan for the file which is filed for June.Because mine is filed on June i would like to know how many application are pending in that month.The SRC number starts with ..SRC0317250000

Thanks

gclongdream said:
Hi Blackbird,
i liked your statics .Can you scan for the file which is filed for June.Because mine is filed on June i would like to know how many application are pending in that month.The SRC number starts with ..SRC0317250000

Thanks

Scan is slow, so far, I can only scan upto 2000 cases per day. I think, the problem is that it is very difficult to find some GOOD proxy servers. There are too many cases need to be scanned, for each ND at least 4000 - 5000 cases, for each month more than 100,000 cases.

If everyone can scan cases relative to their own ND, and share their scanned data in this forum, we can build a very good database. We need a little more cooperation here.

Right now, I'm working on the other scanner, the "Texas Consolidated I140 Scanner". I try to add some new features into the scan macro, if works fine I will post it later.

BlackBird,

Thanks for working on the texas scanner thread, Let me share some of your burden, Currently I'm scanning for Sep'15 2003. I'm planning to scan Sep'10 and Sep 5 (for random sampling). I'll update the Texas scanner thread
as soon as the data is ready.

Thanks,

simaha said:
BlackBird,

Thanks for working on the texas scanner thread, Let me share some of your burden, Currently I'm scanning for Sep'15 2003. I'm planning to scan Sep'10 and Sep 5 (for random sampling). I'll update the Texas scanner thread
as soon as the data is ready.

Thanks,

It is great, I'm so glad to hear it. I added a new macro already, I140I485scan, can scan both 140 and 485 at the same time. It works fine, I still want add more features later, so treat it as a test version. I think you can try it if you need 485 case info.

May 03 PLEASE...

"Scanners"
Can you please do a scan for TSC May 03 cases?
Been waiting for too long..
also from the spreadsheet, what does the entry "recieved" indicate? DOes this mean the file has gone to an officer?
Thanks for your help!

How do you use these scanners? I am not a techie sorry -- :eek:
Also could it be edited for Nebraska (LIN) -- if someone could please edit the macro for LIN, and give me instructions I would appreciate it!

cannot find my case

Hi Blackbird2000,

I was looking thru your consolidated scanner spread sheet...
Are these cases for 140 or 485..??

My 140 is src031135XXXX and I could not find any cases starting with 31135XXXXX....

Looks like some cases are missing....

ANyway... I appreciate your work....

Thanks,
--kcv1

Dudes - Let me know how does this sound...
1. One writes the scanner and lets everyone use it.
2. He also writes documentation on how to use it.
3. Instead of reading the docs, running the scan, people are asking him to run scans for their cases... coz they are only interested in there cases.. coz they are so lazy to care for the docs...

Please be appreciative of others work and sensitive to there time as well..

aonflux said:
Also could it be edited for Nebraska (LIN) -- if someone could please edit the macro for LIN, and give me instructions I would appreciate it!

Change SRC into LIN

Tools -> Macro -> Macros -> select a macro -> Edit ->

In Edit window, change all SRC into LIN, I think it works.

blackbird

Thanks for the help with editing the macro -- it worked.
If it is not too much to ask, could you help with the proxy server bit? i downloaded the software from desibartenders site but then had no clue what to do next. I have a powermac at work but i have a pc at home, so can try it from home. Thanks again for the help. :)

aonflux

We are talking about 2 scanners, let say one is Java scanner(use proxy server), the orther is VB scanner(excel macro). I want to say Java scanner is much more difficult to setup and use. Also beware, each proxy server only handle upto 200 cases per day, many servers didn't work, and many has been used by other scanners.

To setup Java scanner:
1. install and setup Java sdk1.4.2
2. unzip scanner software
3. read the "readme" file (tell you more detailed setup info)
4. modify the "scanner.bat" file to fit the Java sdk1.4.2
6. modify the "scanner.properties" file based on readme
7. put all case numbers you want to scan into "input.csv" file
8. run the "scanner.bat" scan these cases
9. scan results are saved into "output.csv" file

Actually, VB scanner can use proxy servers too, but need manually setup proxy server in web browser, should try different servers one by one. Tools -> Internet Options -> connections -> settings -> proxy server

Thanks blackbird

I will try the java tracker later. The excel one was easy, and once I edited it for LIN it worked fine. But after a couple 100 queries my IP was blocked, so I had to reset my router and then it worked again.