San Francisco DO: haven't received FP notice for almost 3 mos, what to do ?

always_living

Registered Users (C)
My DO is San Francisco, got PD notice in early June, and PD is 6/1/2005.
However, I haven't received Finger Print Notice yet. I went to SF immigration office in late July, but I was told there is no record related to FP yet. :(

Browsing the forum, it seems most of people got their FP within 2 months. What should I do now (or is there anything I can do)?

Thanks

You can
1 - Call the USCIS Customer No-Service's 1-800 number.
2 - Write to the SF's USCIS Director and/or California Service Center's Naturalization Division.
3 - Wait another month
4 - check on the message boards as to what dates folks are getting the FP letters in SF.

Good luck.

the mail with FP notice might be lost or misplaced by postoffice

This is my guess and what I have been worried as well

This is my timeline for N-400 San Francisco (Oakland)

Did you get a receipt notice with the WSC* Number????
You can check online at:

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do

You will need your WSC*number, enter it with the asterik and everything!

This is my timeline and experience for you to get a reference!

Region: San Francisco, CA (Oakland Field Office)
Mailed: April 20th,2005
PD: April 25th,2005
FP: June 3rd, 2005
Interview notice: June 25th or so...
Interview: August 22, 2005

PS: The interview went well. The interviewing officer went over my application in great detail. All questions on the form, and addresses and dates, one by one...I found it a little bit unusual, but she was polite...She went over all my tax papers in great detail...She asked some of the questions twice or more. I just focused to answer them in detail...specially my addresses and employers... I could not remember exact dates... I have moved over 5 times, and changed employer 3 times. She also went over all my passport entries, one by one against passport stamps... It was a thourough interview but in all, less than 15-20 minutes. The civics questions were printed on a form, she asked me to read them and answer them outloud....
At the end, she asked me to sign in cursive letters and not like my original signature. It was a bit odd, since I do not write cursive.... She asked me to sign my photographs in the same manner.

I passed, got the N-652 with the standard 'congratulations....
Oath: The N-562 says ' If final approval is granted, you will be notified when and where to report for the Oath Ceremony'......

I wish you luck!!!! :)

Thanks for your info, it's very helpful.

The N-400 status is NOT available on online, at least not until later stage. I confirmed this with immigration officers when I went to SF DO.
People in this forum also posted same story.

germana said:
Did you get a receipt notice with the WSC* Number????
You can check online at:

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do

You will need your WSC*number, enter it with the asterik and everything!

This is my timeline and experience for you to get a reference!

Region: San Francisco, CA (Oakland Field Office)
Mailed: April 20th,2005
PD: April 25th,2005
FP: June 3rd, 2005
Interview notice: June 25th or so...
Interview: August 22, 2005

PS: The interview went well. The interviewing officer went over my application in great detail. All questions on the form, and addresses and dates, one by one...I found it a little bit unusual, but she was polite...She went over all my tax papers in great detail...She asked some of the questions twice or more. I just focused to answer them in detail...specially my addresses and employers... I could not remember exact dates... I have moved over 5 times, and changed employer 3 times. She also went over all my passport entries, one by one against passport stamps... It was a thourough interview but in all, less than 15-20 minutes. The civics questions were printed on a form, she asked me to read them and answer them outloud....
At the end, she asked me to sign in cursive letters and not like my original signature. It was a bit odd, since I do not write cursive.... She asked me to sign my photographs in the same manner.

I passed, got the N-652 with the standard 'congratulations....
Oath: The N-562 says ' If final approval is granted, you will be notified when and where to report for the Oath Ceremony'......

I wish you luck!!!! :)

always_living said:
Thanks for your info, it's very helpful.

The N-400 status is NOT available on online, at least not until later stage. I confirmed this with immigration officers when I went to SF DO.
People in this forum also posted same story.

Hi always_living,

I am in the San Francisco DO region too and I've been able to check my case status online since the day I got the receipt. It has been the same since I logged in my receipt number, and did not change when I got the F/P notice. You can see my timeline too to get an idea of the processing time till date for me. I just finished my F/P at the San Francisco ASC today.

All the best with your natz process.

N-400 How to register to access upto date status of your case

Sometimes the following link does not work (This is to check your case status without registration):

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/caseStat.jsp

Once you enter your case number, the USCIS website displays the following incorrect message:

Case Status
The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283

However, the status of your case can be obtained on-line if you register.

In order to register follow this link:

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/termsconditions.jsp?contextType=CU_EN

This is the Terms and Conditions pre-registration page.

Click on the ' I Agree' button at the bottom of the page, presuming that you will abide to their terms, and that will take you to the registration screen... Follow the instructions carefully...

Hope this is helpful and Good luck to all !!! :eek:

Take the time to help someone else, just like I did... I got lots of help from others in this forum!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, I'd like to thank everyone giving me advise.

Ok, there is a little twist on my case.

I was planning to talk to Immigration Officer at SF DO in end of Aug.
However, I got my FP notice, FINALLY. And I rushed to do FP the next day.
And, I receive my interview notice latter today. :)

So, this is my timeline

PD: 6/1/2005
PD Notice: 6/10/2005
FP Notice Date: 8/23/2005 (Rcv'd on 8/26/2005)
FP taken: 8/27/2005 (Scheduled FP: 9/14/2005)
Interview Notice: 9/19/2005 (Recv'd on 9/23/2005)
Interview Date: 11/9/2005

Still, my case is NOT available online at all.

always_living said:
My DO is San Francisco, got PD notice in early June, and PD is 6/1/2005.
However, I haven't received Finger Print Notice yet. I went to SF immigration office in late July, but I was told there is no record related to FP yet. :(

Browsing the forum, it seems most of people got their FP within 2 months. What should I do now (or is there anything I can do)?

Thanks

Same Interview Date

Hi Always_living,

My case is in the same timeframe, see below details. Seems we have interview on the same day? Do you have the interview also at 1301 Clay St. Oakland, CA.

Do you know if the Oath letter is given at Oakland on the same day or it will come by post if everything goes well.

----

Here's my detailed timeline -

July 6, 2005 Sent N-400 application via USPS Express mail
July 7, 2005 Application reached USINS Laguna Niguel, CA
July 7, 2005 Priority Date/ Receipt Date
July 11, 2005 Received "Returned Receipt" back
July 13, 2005 Checks cleared
July 18, 2005 Letter received from USINS with Priority Date as 07/07
August 2, 2005 Fingerprinting Letter received
Aug 10, 2005 Fingerprinting Date
???? FP received by FBI
???? FP sent to USCIS by FBI
14-Sep-05 Interview Letter Notice Date
20-Sep-05 Interview Letter received
???? Case be able to add online
9-Nov-05 Interview Date - SCHEDULED at 1301 Clay St. Oakland, CA

Goodyman

Hi Goodyman, I do see officer gives out oath notice to others at Oakland office. However, I received mine thru the mail.

I think it depends if space is available on the upcoming oath or not. If it is already full, then they may just mail it to you for the next oath.

And also, after your interview officer approve your case, he/she has to get final approval from his/her supervisor in order to get you the oath notice. Therefore if the supervisor is available at that time, then you may get the oath notice right at the interview, otherwise, you may need to wait for the oath notice in the mail.

P.S. There are two pre-scheduled oath ceremonies at SF Masonic Center every month. Good Luck

Hi,

I live in north bay, so I have interview at SF immigration office, not Oakland.
Good luck to both you and me: )

Goodyman said:
Hi Always_living,

My case is in the same timeframe, see below details. Seems we have interview on the same day? Do you have the interview also at 1301 Clay St. Oakland, CA.

Do you know if the Oath letter is given at Oakland on the same day or it will come by post if everything goes well.

----

Here's my detailed timeline -

July 6, 2005 Sent N-400 application via USPS Express mail
July 7, 2005 Application reached USINS Laguna Niguel, CA
July 7, 2005 Priority Date/ Receipt Date
July 11, 2005 Received "Returned Receipt" back
July 13, 2005 Checks cleared
July 18, 2005 Letter received from USINS with Priority Date as 07/07
August 2, 2005 Fingerprinting Letter received
Aug 10, 2005 Fingerprinting Date
???? FP received by FBI
???? FP sent to USCIS by FBI
14-Sep-05 Interview Letter Notice Date
20-Sep-05 Interview Letter received
???? Case be able to add online
9-Nov-05 Interview Date - SCHEDULED at 1301 Clay St. Oakland, CA

always_living said:
Hi,

I live in north bay, so I have interface at SF imiigration office, not Oakland.
Good luck to both you and me: )

Hi always_living,
All the best for your interview, please update us about your experience. I have my int. at SF DO in december.