San Francisco ASC CLOSED when appointment was scheduled !!!!

UKcouple

Registered Users (C)
My wife and I both had appointments for 9am this morning 2/17/01 for FP at the SF ASC.

When we arrived at the office this morning, there were a few other confused people standing around, and a notice on the door which said "Office Closed Saturday 2/17/01 for Presidents Day".

We waited until just after 9am, but it was clear that no-one was going to be there today!

How can INS be so stupid to schedule appointments on a day when they KNOW THEY WILL BE CLOSED!!!???

We will go again on Tuesday. Hopefully they will not give us any problems now that we will be going AFTER our FP date!

Thoughts?

No Title

Same experience here.
Went to ASC Oakland today for an 1:00 appointment (2/17/01).
There is a banner saying they are closed observing a holiday.

Hoping that they will accept change in FP appointement to
tuesday(2/20/01) since they messed up.

I guess only INS can manage to screw up so well.

Does anybody know of any similar case where ASC takes
finger prints after appointment date?
Thanks in advance

No Title

INS ne ullu banaya.. (for those that think this is latin - INS made a fool of us)

FP appt at 1 pm on 17 Feb. Excited to find easy parking in SF - had the same experience. Will be going on Tuesday.

-SujitC

No Title

I too went to ASC Oakland toady for finger printing and found it to be closed.Will go again on tuesday.

No Title

Yeh, us too! Guys what time are you planning to be at ACS(SFO) on Tuesday? My problem is that I have to teach on Tuesday, and it is really not convenient for me to go there on Tuesday. What will happen if we go on Wednesday? or next saturday?
AC

No Title

Well, we went to SF ASC this morning 7:45am, about 50 people were waiting outside including us.

FP were taken sucessfully and without incident. Now we just need to keep our fingers crossed that the INS computer doesn\'t screw us for getting them done AFTER the appointment date!

Good luck everyone!