Sample letter to Senator...

dusranazar

Registered Users (C)
Really appreciate if any one can send me a copy of a letter that they have sent to their senator. Please also mention if it got any results or not.
Got sick of waiting. Want to try this route even if it results in an RFE..
RD:09/25/01

Mucho Gracias.

Attention: xxxxx
Office of US Senator xxxxxx,
Virginia

Sub: Status of Application to Adjust To Permanent Residence Status I-485
Dear Sir,
I applied for Adjustment of Status to Permanent Residence (I-485 employment based) on <ReciptDate>. It has been 18 months since my application was filed at Vermont Processing Center. I spoke with the Vermont INS Center couple of times, whenever I call them, they tell me to call after 2 months. Last time when I spoke with them they said my case was with an officer since <Assign Date>. Since then I didn’t hear any thing from them. Processing Times published by INS Vermont show that they are processing <Processing Date> which is more than two (2) months past my application date. I would appreciate if Senator George Allen can help expedite the process and push for a decision on my case.
I am faxing a copy of my I-485 Receipt Notice.
Here are details of my case filed with INS Vermont Center:
Receipt Number: <Receipt Date>
Receipt Date: <Recipt Date>
Notice Date: <Receipt Date>
A#: <Alien Number>
If you need more information or have any questions please call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx
Please let me know your findings on this case.

Thanking you,
First Name,
Your address

I sent an email to a senator somewhere in Nov. 02, when there was a halt in the I-485 processing. I stated the same information that rav4usa mentioned in his letter. Around first week of January, I got a mail from the senator’s office asking me to sign the document authorizing his office to seek disclosure of my records (Privacy Act of 1974). I didn’t send the document back to his office since the INS started processing again. That’s all I can share for now.

I hope for the approval of your case.