Same day oath in San Jose DO?

userofimmi

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I am posting this on behalf of a friend of mine.
====
Do I have the option of taking oath on the same day of interview (If I pass the interview) in San Jose DO? I know they conduct a oath cermony once a month in heritage theater, Campbell. But I would like to take the oath on the same day as I am planning to go abroad for a long time soon after interview, if San Jose DO allows it.

Thank you
====

Wouldn't it be great, but not a chance in San Jose, at least as far as I know. If given a chance I would take this option, but I have never heard that San Jose has this option.

Wouldn't it be great, but not a chance in San Jose, at least as far as I know. If given a chance I would take this option, but I have never heard that San Jose has this option.

Actually, this happens in special cases in San Jose. As a matter of fact, the day I interviewed, another person was interviewed and was administered oath at the USCIS office in San Jose. His case apparently was a special case and he had immediate travel need and his case had been pending for way outside the processing time. FWIW, he actually came with an attorney who also went in when this person was interviewed. After his successful interview, he was asked to wait at the waiting lounge while the IO was to print out his oath letter. His oath apparently was schedule for just before noon.

Cool, amazing what an immigration lawyer can accomplish for you ;) Yes, I have heard a few cases of people going to the interview with a lawyer. I wonder if one would need to ask them in advance to do this kind of accomodation or if it can be asked during the interview. If I have a chance during interview I'll ask if i can do same day oath. I won't get terribly upset if my petition is turned down.

Thanks takadigi for sharing this information :)