Same day AP at Newark-Confirmed

camery

Registered Users (C)
Both spouse and myself walked into Newark office today and got AP. We arrived at 7:15am and got out at 4pm. The only question they asked is "why do you need to travel". They also asked for a letter stating reason, length of the trip just for the record. Wrote the letter while AP is printing.

What reason ?

Hi

I had two questions

1. What reason did you show for getting the same day AP. Does a letter from the company showing business emergency qualify ?
2. In order to go to the Newark INS office, do you need to show proof of residence in New Jersey ?

Thanks.

congrats

camry,

r u a resident of NJ and did u get any proof of it.
did u had to pay again 220 $ for u and wife as i believe u have a pending AP application with VSC already.
DId u take ur tickets with u and what other reasons u gave for AP.

Appreciate ur response

We are resident of NJ

In filling out the form, I believe you'll have to fill the home address, it our case, its NJ address. But the officer didn't ask question about residency.

The reason is a medical emergence of a close family member. But we don't have medical documents.

It is relatively easy except for the long waiting. And we have to pay the fees ($220) again. These are considered new application.

Quick questions... (pls reply)

Hi Camery,

- Did they ask for any proof (docs) reg. the emergency situation.
- Is your AP has a 1 year validity
- did they ask for copy of flight tickets ?
- What did you specify as the duration of travel.?.
- Did you goto the INS Broad Street office right.

appreciate your reply,

thanks

- Did they ask for any proof (docs) reg. the emergency situation.

No. But they did ask us to write a letter stating the reason. And we did that on a piece of paper and they accepted. I guess it would be fine as long as they have something in writing for the record. It doesn't have to be issued by official sources.

- Is your AP has a 1 year validity
Yes.

- did they ask for copy of flight tickets ?
No.

- What did you specify as the duration of travel.?.
We said 4 weeks. I don't think that would matter much.

- Did you goto the INS Broad Street office right.
Yes. Waited for 2.5hrs before getting into the building.

camery,

i know you have answered a lot of questions so far. I just wanted to ask you a couple more-

1. had you applied at VSC and then later went to Newark or was it a brand new application you made at Newark?

2. what docs did you carry with you (I-485 rcpt, EAD etc..)

3. any clue whether they renew AP at Newark?

thanks a lot