Salary reduced over 20% after I-140 approval

b0rg

Hello, I have read a number of posts on this discussion board regarding salary changes. I am now joining this group and need help in answering these questions. I really appreciate any help regarding these questions
Here is the situation:

1) My I-140 has just been approved and I am ready to move the the next step (Adjustment of Status)
2) I have just been informed that my salary will be reduced by nearly 22% due to various reasons.This means that the salary at the time of labor cert was higher than this reduced salary.
3) On a side note, an H1-B extension has been filed under the old (higher) salary.

Questions:

1) Do I need to amend the Labor Cert for the green card process and get back in the never ending queue...I\'m hoping this will be a NO.
2) Where can I find out the Prevailing wage for specific job titles? My lawyer and HR are busy playing games and I cannot trust them. Therefore, the need to do the research on my own.
3) Are there any other ways to handle this case? From what I have read on this site, most of you say this -- the LC is for a future job so as long as I can get a letter from my employer stating that they will pay me the original LC mentioned salary after my green card is over , it should be fine. Is this correct? What if company cannot provide such a letter?
4) Do I need to amend the H1-B extension application with this reduced salary? I think this obviously has to be done.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.