Salary Issue - from LC to I140

kbhalla

Registered Users (C)
Advie Requested

I applied for Perm on Jan 31, 06 and was approved sometime in April,06. I was getting ready to file 140 and 485 when my lawyer noticed that in my current wage section of the LC they had listed it as 15K higher than my current wage... although still higher than the prevailing wage in the market for the position.

The lawyer is now suggesting first filing 140 with an affidavit and waiting to see if it gets approved. She's suggesting I wait on the 485.

The other twist is that my 6th year started in Feb 06. Any thoughts on what will need to be done if the 140 is denied ? Anyone had this happen ? Any thoughts/suggestions/advice?

On a completely different note she did say that since all apps were going to be going to NSC the time to process it could be really anything.

FYI:
EB2, Citizen: Canada

If your company is very good...there won't be any problems to you. I think it's better to apply I-140 first, once it's approved then you can file your I-485.

Lawyer?

satgym73 said:
If your company is very good...there won't be any problems to you. I think it's better to apply I-140 first, once it's approved then you can file your I-485.

you aren't my lawyer - are you? That's exactly what she said ... JK

thanks for the suggestion. That's what they recommended so that's what I will do. I was just wondering if someone has had a similar issue with salary and what their experiences have been.