Salary fix

sforum

I worked for my x-employer for the period of Aug 10th 2009 to Sept 30th 2009.

During that time, they didn't give my salary.
I had to go through lot of mental and physical tension coz of working in a remote location away from my family and not getting paid. Added to it, they had taken a cheque of $1000 for my H1B processing and it was subjected to the Immigration Attorney.

When i requested them to process my salary, they processed it for the month of Oct 4 2009 to Oct 30th 2009 when i was already employed with another employer and has got my salary slip from them. I also wrote an email to them that it was illegal but they didn't care to reply to it.

Also, they processed the salary for a very less amount and also i have no salary slips for that period to check how they processed it.

I have all the documents related to my case like all the emails, timesheets, offer letter, etc.

So, i want help that how can i get whatever is due to me.

Not paying wages

Hi,

If you have all the proper documents to prove your case you can either file a case with DOL or file a lawsuit against the company in the court. In addition to your past wages, the court will order to pay an interest since the wages were due and some penalty. Filing a case can be a long drawn process but in the end you will win provided you are telling the truth and there is nothing fishy regarding your case.

I myself have usefully sued and won against one of my previous employers for not paying wages as agreed.

DL

If you are filing a lawsuit there will be time limit before which you will have to file the lawsuit. Check with a good lawyer.

D L