salary difference before CP

asharma

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
I was on the bench for 2 months and had a salary cut of more than 60%. My I-140 was filed this week and so next year I would be expecting an interview for CP. The salary cut was for the month of May and June this year. Would this make an impact on the CP process??

I am in the same boat like you. As GC is for the future job, i guess employment letter should specify the salary specified in Labor Certification/I-140.

But I read in one of the postings, that Chennai Consulate gave a list of documents after arriving there which included most recent paystubs. So you must have at least 3 months paystub with the LC salary.

Any CP Gurus please comment/suggest

Originally posted by aravind741
I am in the same boat like you. As GC is for the future job, i guess employment letter should specify the salary specified in Labor Certification/I-140.

But I read in one of the postings, that Chennai Consulate gave a list of documents after arriving there which included most recent paystubs. So you must have at least 3 months paystub with the LC salary.

Any CP Gurus please comment/suggest

You don't need to specify your salary in the letter by your employer

Salary Issue

I am also in the same boat. I already have the employment letter with salary stated in it which matches the Labor Certification salary. However is quite different than my real salary which can easily be verified by the tax transcripts to be realistic.

Re: Salary Issue

Originally posted by dilwala
I am also in the same boat. I already have the employment letter with salary stated in it which matches the Labor Certification salary. However is quite different than my real salary which can easily be verified by the tax transcripts to be realistic.

In that case better not to mention salary at all. Better play safe.