Salary Cut after applying 485 . Is it ok to less? how less can it be? please post your experiences a

r2b

Registered Users (C)
Hi
Greetings to all!
I might have to take salary cut asap, company is working on that, I don\'t know how much less , I guess,
it could be surprizing too...don\'t know yet.

But, I applied for 485 recently, ,my questions are:
1. can it be low?
2. how low?
3. I have no clue what salary specified in labor processing. I am trying to find out,
   Is salary after cut should not be below salary specified in labor?
4. if it salary cut can\'t be lower than specified in labor, what are the alternatives?
5. When I applied for 485 I got a letter from my company as per our company attoney,
    that is I think, employment letter/future employment letter, I don\'t know, but, I remember seeing the
    wordings like "His salary will be at least $x / year", I don\'t know,
    is that means the salary anytime can\'t be less than this?
6. what is the overall effect?
7. anything that I need to be cautioned about ? to tell employer atleast I must get letter etc...?

Your past experiences & advices are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
r2b.

I\'m not an expert....check w/ lawyer

If you are on H-1B, they can\'t pay you less than what they\'ve written they would pay on LCA (LCA is different then labor cert or LC for green card-you probably know). Otherwise, H-1B becomes invalid.

If you are on EAD, they can pay you less than what the letter of employment says, since the letter for employment is for a future job.

Once you get the green card though, they would have to pay you whatever says in the letter of employment. If they don\'t pay you (and please check on this), you could leave right after getting green card.

My two cents...

I am on h1...any other inputs please?

hi
I am on h1..applied for 485.
I remember receiving a LCA for me , when I moved to this new place. I mean I am receiving new LCA everytime whenever I move.
Is that I need to compare salary on this form?

Any others in the same experience.? Pls. post.

Thanks.
r2b.

Check Murthy site..

I think I saw several months back, in Murthy\'s site that she had successfully got approvals for cases with salary mentioned in the LC was higher than actual salary because of the economic downturn.