RN's seeking GC from Indian consulate

austin316

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I'm an RN working in India and would shortly be moving to USA on my green card.i'm just at the last stage of GC i.e. waiting for my interview date to be scheduled at New Delhi consulate.
I have searched through most of the immigration sites collecting details about past experiences of nurses regarding GC especially at Indian consulate.but couldn't find much.so let's start this new thread sharing each other experience and helping each other through this forum.
anybody who has recently gone through interview at Indian consulate,please share your views especially regarding documents we need.any other things would also be welcome.
thanks.good luck!!
austin.

any views that if we are going for first time to USA and have taxable income in India,do we need income tax clearence cert. before leaving.i have copies of form 2a used here to pay taxes.
cheers!
austin

ITCC requirement waived off ...

From January 1st, 2003, the requirement of ITCC is waived off by the Indian Govt. For immigration purposes, you just need the copy of last year's (or current year's) returns filed along with the copy of Form 16.

sm_delhi