Risk In AC21 ?

neeyo

I have a situation where I work for one consulting company (Company A) who is sponsoring my GC application. The company is in good shape. The end client (Company B) where I am working currently wants to hire me full time basis.

My I-485 was filed in Oct 2002 by Company A.

My question is:

Is there any added extra risk to use AC21. Whole GC process is risky, you never know what INS officer thinks and how he/ she acts. Does using AC21 increases that risk, or the risk stays the same?

If the risk increases then I will avoid using AC21 and continue with Company A till I get my GC (Hopefully in next 6 months). Company A has enough business /funds to keep me employed and pay my salary for foreseeable future.

Company B is bigger corporation. But has acquired another big company and I expect some organizational changes in next 6-8 months. Which means I might even loose the job if I join as permanent employee.

I have read somewhere that AC21 still does not have the written regulation. Which means if INS denies I-485 then it can not be appealed, even by lawyer.

Thanks,

Neeyo

1. Not changing jobs keeps the process simple. BCIS does not have to verify the new co/job etc. AC21 does not necessarily delay the approval. Filing AC21 itself is optional- so you may choose not infrom BCIS till approval or RFE.
2. There is virtually no risk with AC21. It is a written regulation.
3. Regarding risk of losing job with 'B' that is your judgement. If you lose the job- you obviously have to find a new job or get back to 'A'.

With ND Oct'02- you should be expecting approval in not too distant future- 0-12 months. So you can even wait.
HTH