RIR filed now goes to BRCs?

segio_01

Registered Users (C)
Hi my friends,

I am in Chicago. If my employer files my LC with RIR sometime in February 05(obviously before PERM is effective at 3/28/05), is my case going to be transfered to the BRC is Dallas and put at the end of the queue? I have done some homework but some resources say yes while others say no, and I am really confused. What is your opinion? Do you know any real cases filed in Chicago region recently? Where did they go? :confused:

I have to make an urgent decision soon. Any help is appreciated..

segio

RIR case...where will it go?

segio_01, I am also in the same boat as you are. I just filed my RIR case in Maryland and my agent said that "it doesn't matter since all the cases filed before PERM are going to end up in BRC (or BEC for that matter) irrespective of from which state you file the case".

I was also thinking that the cases filed these days will be processed as usual and won't end up in the BEC's (at the end of the queue ) I am not sure about what exactly will happen to those applications.

Experts...Gurus...Masters...can anyone of these wonderful community members answer this in detail?

Is it okay to file a RIR case from Maryland these days? What's your expectations on getting it cleared?

Thanks in advance.

It should go to BEC

I read an article posted online by an immigration lawyer said that such cases will go to NPC citing an internal memo of DOL. The memo was issued in late Sept. last year when Perm had not yet been finalized. Many people commented that it would be unfair if these RIR cases do go to NPC and be processed before RIR cases filed before Jan. 1, 2005. I heard that several immigration lawyers raised this question to officers at the Chicago NPC. It seems that the consistent responses they got from various DOL offiers are that these cases will to to BEC instead of NPC. However, so far there is no memo or other kind of official confirmation.

This is what I found closest on immigration-law.com. Looks like all new ones are going to sit in BEC :(
01/28/2005: Michigan SWA Notification of Alien Labor Certification Processing Change

Michigan SWA has sent out notification to the alien labor certification filers and customers regarding the ongoing procedural change in handling alien labor certification application in the office. The SWA advises that until March 28, 2005, people should keep filing labor certification application with the SWA, and the SWA is transferring the applications to the Dallas Backlog Processing Center. This letter implies that the cases which are filed at the SWAs in the jurisdiction of former Chicago Region V are not forwarded to the National Processing Center in Chicago but to the Dallas Backlog Center. See the letter notification.

Thank you LuChong and abzy2004. It seems that this letter makes it very clear :( . Does the IL SWA follow this rule too? I guess no one knows the exact answer anyway...

abzy2004 said:
This is what I found closest on immigration-law.com. Looks like all new ones are going to sit in BEC :(
01/28/2005: Michigan SWA Notification of Alien Labor Certification Processing Change

Michigan SWA has sent out notification to the alien labor certification filers and customers regarding the ongoing procedural change in handling alien labor certification application in the office. The SWA advises that until March 28, 2005, people should keep filing labor certification application with the SWA, and the SWA is transferring the applications to the Dallas Backlog Processing Center. This letter implies that the cases which are filed at the SWAs in the jurisdiction of former Chicago Region V are not forwarded to the National Processing Center in Chicago but to the Dallas Backlog Center. See the letter notification.