RIR-California FYI

lorestan

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,
I have a good news for you...The regional processing center for RIR cases (california) is currently processing the application rcvd on Sept-2002. They are going faster than normal...Call the DOL if you don't believe me...
Be strong and you'll be fine...This country needs hard working and educated immigrants like us!!!!!
Later
Lor

lorestan

Yes they are processing Sept 02, but that does not mean they have cetrified all the cases before that. Please go back to the DOL California Thread & check the stats.. Most of the cases are REMANDED to STATE... you one need LUCK with the DOL speed also !

Good luck to everybody.

This is not fair!!!!!!

Thanks for the info. I heard about that too...So what is next????In my case, I was the only qualified candidate when I got hired on...Is there anyway to appeal if they deny me...and how long does it take to get approved...
Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: This is not fair!!!!!!

Hi Lor,
If you are in IT in CA, and your case reached DOL (regional labor) after July 2001, you are pretty much out of luck. DOL sends almost all IT cases back to SESA (state labor) and denies RIR processing requests because they say that at the time these cases were submitted to SESA, the occupations were not in shortage. Meaning there was enough qualified citizens/perm. residents available to fill the vacancies. The fact that the general climate STILL is that there are STILL plenty of qualified americans are available, only makes DOL's argument stronger.

Of course, this only applies to approx. 98% of the cases in IT. There are some exceptions, some companies tend to get approval and some job codes tend to get approved too.
There is no telling what is the RULE to the approval or remand to state (no layoffs, graduate degree as requirement, skillset..) I guess these all play some role in the final decision, but nonetheless DOL seems to have a general remand tendency in IT related cases (software eng, etc...)

If the case is remanded, it gets to keep the original priority date with (state) SESA and is be placed into the queue as a non-RIR application. Sesa will supervise the recruitment effort. Estimating the appriox. processing time for these cases indicates that it can take anywhere between 2-4 years to clear SESA with their current speed.

Hope this helps,
Ana

Originally posted by lorestan
Thanks for the info. I heard about that too...So what is next????In my case, I was the only qualified candidate when I got hired on...Is there anyway to appeal if they deny me...and how long does it take to get approved...
Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How Reliable is Your Information?

Quote:
"If you are in IT in CA, and your case reached DOL (regional labor) after July 2001, you are pretty much out of luck. DOL sends almost all IT cases back to SESA (state labor) and denies RIR processing..."

Is the job of consultant for IT company considered an IT job?

Thanks

Thanks for the info...Are you a lawyer? Are you sure about the 2 to 4 yrs thing for the processing time????
What if you really are the only qualified candidate for the job????What if the company is doing great financially??????????
Please respond when you get a chance?????

Re: How Reliable is Your Information?

see my detailed response to you under CA DOL tracking.
Ana

Originally posted by guannie
Quote:
"If you are in IT in CA, and your case reached DOL (regional labor) after July 2001, you are pretty much out of luck. DOL sends almost all IT cases back to SESA (state labor) and denies RIR processing..."

Is the job of consultant for IT company considered an IT job?

Re: Thanks

Hi Lor,
No I am not a lawyer, I am also waiting for an LC to be processed in CA.

About SESA's processing time, it's an estimate only, they say that due to 245-i it'll take them to approx. a year to clear last couple days of April, 2001 and than another 2-3 years to process applications received after april to reach the priority dates of the applications that are now being remanded to SESA from DOL (we're looking at aug-sep-oct 2001).
If you look at SESA's processing time here:
http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp
the date for non-RIR applications been April 2001 (it's exactly apr. 25, 2001) quite some time now (almost year or over).

So I would say, 2-4 years is an educated guess, BUT their processing time tend to vary greatly.

Hope this helps,
Ana

Originally posted by lorestan
Thanks for the info...Are you a lawyer? Are you sure about the 2 to 4 yrs thing for the processing time????
What if you really are the only qualified candidate for the job????What if the company is doing great financially??????????
Please respond when you get a chance?????

Thanks!

Thanks for the info...It's not even worted to wait for that long...I mean there are alot of question marks...Are you going to be approved after 4 yrs? Is the company going to survive for anoter 4 yrs...
THANKS FOR YOUR QUICK RESPOND AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR GC....

California IT is out of luck

My case was October-28-2002 in DOL and last week, I got rejection letter from DOL. In Non-RIR, my experience and California working style says, It will take around two year for consideration. We will be lucky if PERm started in September .

Thanks
Dev

Re: California IT is out of luck

Dev,

I am sorry to hear about your case. may I know your DOT code.

Thanks
Happybee

Originally posted by dev72
My case was October-28-2002 in DOL and last week, I got rejection letter from DOL. In Non-RIR, my experience and California working style says, It will take around two year for consideration. We will be lucky if PERm started in September .

Thanks
Dev

Re: California IT is out of luck

Dev,

Sorry to hear about the case. That is the fate that all of us are sort of resigned to anyway.... we are all fellow-sufferers.

Did you say your date was October 28 2002 ? or September 28 2002 ?

DOL date Oct-28-2002

I am not only the guy who is suffering but these days , I have seen every body is suffering. My DOL date was Oct-28-2002.

Dev

OCT 28 2002

DEV

Sorry to listen ....may i know your dot code? ? ? ? ? What was the reason for rejection ? ? ? ?

people who are under Philly , Chicago ..doing good....Thanks for freakin BAY AREA and Sillicon Valley....

Despondent .......

AnaLC, please

This morning my attorney told me my DOL case was remanded to SESA. :-(.

He said my case will be put to the end of EDD queue, which is different from what you posted here.

So are you sure I can keep my priority date (09/21/01) in SESA?

I am asking because if I could NOT keep my priority date, I'd rather to switch a job and restart my case again. The salary for the current one sucks and my attorney filed my LC based on my bachelor degree, not master's because of the low salary. And this may be the reason that it was remanded.

If I am lucky and find another job soon, can I file PERM after that? Do you have any news about PERM?

Thanks a lot!
Charlie

Re: AnaLC, please

What is your job title????Is it IT....Bay area

Originally posted by charlie2003
This morning my attorney told me my DOL case was remanded to SESA. :-(.

He said my case will be put to the end of EDD queue, which is different from what you posted here.

So are you sure I can keep my priority date (09/21/01) in SESA?

I am asking because if I could NOT keep my priority date, I'd rather to switch a job and restart my case again. The salary for the current one sucks and my attorney filed my LC based on my bachelor degree, not master's because of the low salary. And this may be the reason that it was remanded.

If I am lucky and find another job soon, can I file PERM after that? Do you have any news about PERM?

Thanks a lot!
Charlie

charlie2003

You will keep your PD.. But it's 9/21/01.. so long long wait my friend. ( Looks like last three days of April will take about a year!).. Try to apply from Different state if your company has branch outside california.. Or Switch the Job Outside California.. OR Just Have to Wait !!

Good luck !

Sorry to hear that

I am very sorry to hear that...Don't worry, try to find a way as gp111 says...
Just FYI, I have lived in America forever and I don't have the greencard yet....
Good Luck!!!!!

Originally posted by charlie2003
Software Engineer. San Diego, CA.
:-(