RFE2 : Date of Birth and Marriage Certificate

gandhi bandi

I485
  ND: Oct 99
  FP done : 3/9/ 01
  RFE1 : Employment Verification, replied on 5/1/01
  RFE2 : recieved on 5/24/01
Guys can you give suggestions on how to fulfill INS requirement for date of birth and Marriage Certificate. I have submited a notart affidavit for those two, but they are not accepting it. THanks

No Title

For birth certificate one requires a non availability certificate issued by the Registerations of birth(Municipal)along with notarised affadavits from 2 relatives,then it is accepted.

No Title

Thanks Ashok,
I have Extract of Birth Certificate issued by Sub-Registrar. But it is in Telugu. I can translate. Who can certify this for INS purpose?

No Title

gandhi...
   did your AVM change to 0 days after the first RFE was issued ( right before they issued the second RFE).

No Title

there are a hell lot of translating services on internet.

Also, even any friend of urs can translate but he has to sign in front of a notary that the translation is true as per his knowledge.

No Title

hai,
my birth date is in the year 1975 in my baptismal records and 1976 in all other records .My birh is not registered in municipality. So when i got my non availability certificate they have listed all these dates and sources. Is it safe to use this certificate or do i have any other option?I got affidavits from parents supporting 1973.Can i use them ?help me?(for I -485 filing )

No Title

I married got in church.my marriage is not registerd in municipality.for i485 filling can i marry in US once again (with my wife )and use it. she is here on h4 status.?Can file my 485 application and later add her name and marriage certificate within one-2 months ?. i have marriage certificate from church

No Title

You don\'t have to re-marry. I have got the certificate from the church and I made an affidavit too, saying that I married to so and so ......Those are enough.
Regarding your birth ceritifacte, if different documents says different years, it could be a problem. So don\'t keep your baptisim certifiacte. Get affidavits from Father & mother to match the date in your official records. Hope this helps.

No Title

Hi Gandhi Bandi,

For birth certificate what India_485 said is correct. I heard even you can translate your self and get it notarized. Check with your lawyer.

For Marriage certificate I don\'t know, it is a tricky one. I don\'t think you can submit an affidavit. Marriage certificate you must get it from your place of residence in India. In India Registrar of marriages won\'t issue without the couples presence. It is some thing which you should have planned before. Now also try from India whether you can get without beging present in India.

Help me kuri1234 and jishy

Hi,

I also have a marriage certificate from church only. Do i need to get an affidavit if i have to use this one while applying for I-485?. If so can you please send me the format of affidavit at bijujosepht@hotmail.com

Is that affidavit to be obtained from your parents or by yourself?.

Any help would be appreciated

thanks
biju