Rfe

uknown485

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
 I heard my AVM today and it says that they need some evidence. I have no idea what the hell is that.. Does that mean they are going to reject my application? Who is going to receive that request for evidence? me or my attorney. IT said if you don\'t receive it within 14 days then call us back. What exactly is RFE and what happens once I have submitted the evidence?? how many days after that before I hear something from INS? Once I submit the evidence can my application be still rejected?? I am really worried now. I would really appreciate your suggestions and comments

No Title

Don\'t worry... This is an standard procedure for INS to issue an RFE(Request for Further Evidence) if something is missing in the file or they need clarifications on some issue(s) or if you submitted your case looooong time back, they want to make sure whether you are still doing the same thing as you described in your Labor/whether you are still employed and so & so..

Hang in there.. you will be alright.. I am sure...

Well thats great news actually. Once you

filed your request for further evidence (mostly inane stuff) you are all set to get approved in 20 days max assuming your records are straight. Mine was approved 20 days after RFE filing and 20 Days after approval got my actual card. All in April.

RFE - Request for Evidence ??????

As Srinivinod said it\'s neither an insane stuff nor it\'s a standard that you\'ll be approved in 20 days.

This is how it works,
1. The Mail Room/Data Center in Mesquite(Which keeps all our papers) sends your file to an officer who is some where in Dallas office(I don\'t remember the name of the place).

2. The officer reviews your petition and if he is not satisfied with the documents you have provided with the petition, put\'s a note to the file asking for additional documents/clarification and sends the file back to Mesquite.

3. Mail Center records the data into the system, prints out a RFE letter and mails it to your ATTORNEY (not to you).

4. After you submit the evidence, the Mail Room gets it attaches to your original petition and sends it back to the officer for review.

5. Once your case is assigned to an Officer, the same officer completes your case. Getting approved in 20 days depends on the officer (it\'s not a standard procedure). Some Officer work fast some work slow.

This what RFE and processing is all about.

For Example - My case was assigned to OFFICER #256, I got an RFE for the following, I-693 Supplement Vaccination form (I did not submit it with my original Petition), Work/Residence discrepency clarification, Employment Letter. My Case Got approved after 48 Days of Submitting my RFE.

What does "sent to the unit mean"?

Sananthana or other Gurus. My case (as well as spouse\'s) was assigned to an officer on 27-Feb-02 per IIO (Did FP on 12/6/01). I called back a month later and the rude IIO said this time that the case was never assigned to an officer. In fact the "files had been sent to the unit on 3/25". I asked her what the unit meant and she just repeated the same line. Does the unit mean Wherehouse where they physically store the files? or is it supervisor\'s desk that assigns cases to officer. Needless to say, I am totally confused by IIO\'s statement. Any help undersytanding this enigma is appreciated. By the way, I am in tracker as TXVICTIM. Thanks

Be patient

The RFE letter will be sent to you if you file 485 on your own. I got one a week ago for employment letter. The strange thing is that I was requested to send the reply to PO Box 1182, rather than the PO Box for I485. I wonder if there is anyone who had the same experience.

You have to be lucky to get approved in 20 days even for medical RFEs

My wife got an RFE for completing her vaccinations which she did promptly and RFE response was officially recieved by TSC on feb 12th, 2002.It is now 80 days and we are still counting.
This is a simple RFE where there should be no further problems as all requirements are met.So I don\'t know what the delay is about.
I got approved in Jan2002 and got my card in february.
So the bottom line is ...You have to be lucky!