Rfe

I485WAITPLUS

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I checked online status for my I-485 and RFE was issued on Sep 27 th for both me and my wife. My lawyer receieved letter from INS on Oct 3rd for me. Nothing was receieved for my wife as of 10/7/2002.Is it true that spouse (dependant) case will also marked for RFE
when if RFE is issued for beneficiary and actual RFE is not issued
for dependent? Any clues will help.

Thanks,

V

Last edited by a moderator:
Your spouse's RFE letter could be on it's way! It is possible that there could be a little delay in receiving those letters though they are dispatched on same day(it happened to me for EAD renewals)

Also, I got two RFE's, one for me and another for my child. Spouse didn't get any. The AVM was updated only for me and child, not for the spouse case.

Hope this helps -

Topenga

Last edited by a moderator:
Same for me!!!!!!!

We got a RFE on Sept 27th. Spouse got a letter on Oct 2nd but I am still waiting....I am Primary applicant...Keep me posted about your RFE

I485WAITPLUS

It was for BC Affadevits and current status. What is yours? I also spoke to attorney's office today. So far, they have not received RFE for me:----))

My RFE is for updated employment letter, Affidavits for BC (I submitted one affidavit) asked for Non-availability certificate and one more affidavit and marriage certificate (This is strange...????). I submitted marriage certificate for my wife and they are asking marriage certificate for me. Can't they refer to the one in the spouse file?????

As I mentioned before spouse online status says RFE issued and my lawyer hasn't receieved any letter regarding as of today.

Thanks,

V

The same thing happened with me. Lawyer got my RFE which was for employment letter but my spouse's RFE was never received. Is the spouse also issued an RFE when they ask for an employment letter
Shrey why did they ask for current status for your spouse. Didn't you send that when you applied for 485?
RD 7/26/01
RFE Sept 12 2002
RFE received by lawyer Sept 24 2002
RFE sent to INS Sept 30
RFE received by INS Oct 2nd (in 2 days)

Now I am waiting for my wife's lettter. My lawyer talked to INS and they said another letter will be sent though it will take 3-4 weeks to reach the lawyer. The delay must be because of the audit. This is frustrating though the only way to know what the RFE is about is the letter. IIO does not have that info.

Still no news for me....

My spouse came here on H1 and then H1 was transfered to another company last year. I dont know why they ask for the status letter. I again checked today. Still no letter for me...any update on your cases...
thanks

Any update??

Hi all,
Did u receive your RFE yet? Still no news for me. I asked attorney to call INS today. By the way can we call INS to resend the RFE. My attorney always says not to call them. Any thoughts?? Thank you.

My lawyer mailed my RFE letter and my wifes, she hasn't received yet. It's already 14 days. I'll call or ask my attorney to call INS about her RFE in the next week. Heard couple of instances where benificiary gets RFE and dependant will also marked for RFE and actual RFE is not sent.
Shrey Don't worry, you will get it or call INS and ask them to resend.

Spoke to IIO

Hi Guys! I still did not receive my RFE so, went ahead and called the IIO. She was nice and said that she is resending the RFE. Varified my address and said that I should get it in 7-10 days. Did any of you got your spouse's RFE? Thanks

Hello everyone:
I am new. Who can tell me what RFE is?
My ND is June, 2001, but I haven't received anything like RFE.

Appreciated.