Rfe

waldeck

When immigration sends an RFE (Request for Evidence) does this imply that the FBI Name check is already complete? I am asking because the email from immigration stated that I should have a response on my Green Card case within 60 days of when they receive my RFE response. See below text from email:

IMMIGRATION RESPONSE TEXT:
"On May 17, 2007, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location."

Thanks,
Waldeck

1st H1B Filed – July 15th, 2000
2nd H1B Filed – July 15th, 2003
7th Year H1B Filed – July 2006
Labor Certification Filed - January 2003
Labor Certification Approved - November 2006
File for I-485 – February 2007
Advanced Parole – February 24th 2007
Fingerprinting – March 20th 2007
EAD Card Received – March 24th 2007
I-485 RFE received on April 24th 2007
I-485 RFE returned to immigration on – May 17th, 2007

No idea about the FBI namecheck being complete, from what I read in forums, not necessarily unfortunately.

The reason I answered to this post is I have pretty much the same dates as you regarding the 485 and I responded to the RFE (Birth Certificate) end of last week and received the same 60-day message and an LUD on Friday. The weird thing is there's also another LUD dated today but with the same message so I have no clue what's going on.

Let me know if you got an LUD other than the RFE received one.

Thanks and good luck!

how long from RFE to approval

nusgroups, did you and your dependent all got LUD after RFE?
My family replied RFE (TB) two weeks ago, since then I got two LUD without message change, then nothing. The dependent only got RFE received notice without further LUD. We always had same LUD before, not sure what this seperation means.

nusgroups, did you and your dependent all got LUD after RFE?
My family replied RFE (TB) two weeks ago, since then I got two LUD without message change, then nothing. The dependent only got RFE received notice without further LUD. We always had same LUD before, not sure what this seperation means.

Actually I only got LUD after RFE, spouse did not. It makes sense in my case since I only got RFE so they update mine only. I wouldn't put too much thought in the LUDs not being the same, there doesn't seem to be a clear pattern otherwise we'd all know how this whole process works, i guess it depends on who's processing the case.

Good Luck!

Nusgroup, I'm not entirely sure what a LUD is, but I'm pretty sure I don't have any Last updated dates other than what I disclosed with my Request for Evidence (RFE)

why so much difference?

I think you are right, as I read from this forum, LUD seems not a good indicator for the case processing. I also noticed many guys got approved within 1 week after they submit the RFE response in TSC, but in NSC, quite slow, why so much difference?