RFE - system not updated

niki_bb

Registered Users (C)
guys:

I have submited my request for evidence! Not the yellow slip (request for initial evidence).

there was a small inconsistance in my application.

However there has been more than 2 weeks since my lawyer mailed it and the status system has not updated yet. I spoke to the service center and was advised that i re-submit copies again. They said i should put a red stripe on the side of the envelope so it is not treated as general mail that has a huge backlog.

has anyone here been approved without the system being updated first? i am aware that if for any reason i miss the 12 week window to respond i am in deep trouble.

from uscis.gov "If a response is not received within the time limit, the case will be considered abandoned and denied; the denial may not be appealed."

niki_bb said:
guys:

I have submited my request for evidence! Not the yellow slip (request for initial evidence).

However there has been more than 2 weeks since my lawyer mailed it and the status system has not updated yet. I spoke to the service center and was advised that i re-submit copies again. They said i should put a red stripe on the side of the envelope so it is not treated as general mail that has a huge backlog.

has anyone here been approved without the system being updated first? i am aware that if for any reason i miss the 12 week window to respond i am in deep trouble.

from uscis.gov "If a response is not received within the time limit, the case will be considered abandoned and denied; the denial may not be appealed."
the system usually updates the date when cis receives the rfe..I would do what they told you over the phone resubmit copies ...via Express Mail

niki_bb said:
guys:

Niki, Do the following. If you have copy of the RFE letter, put that on top of your copies. Put a small Yellow sticky in the middle of the RFE letter stating "Original RFE response never received by the USCIS. Lost in Mail."

Hopefully they will key in your tracking number since the copy of the RFE doesn't really scan good.

And send it Overnight US MAIL and certified. Keep the copy of the green certified receipt and track it online at usps.com.

wantmygcnow said:
Niki, Do the following. If you have copy of the RFE letter, put that on top of your copies. Put a small Yellow sticky in the middle of the RFE letter stating "Original RFE response never received by the USCIS. Lost in Mail."

Hopefully they will key in your tracking number since the copy of the RFE doesn't really scan good.

And send it Overnight US MAIL and certified. Keep the copy of the green certified receipt and track it online at usps.com.

Hi, wantmygcnow it looks like you been waiting for you card for a long time. Any thoughts why?
My best regards,
kjonim32 :)

Did your lawyer send it via certified mail and something like that? Do you have a signature from the USCIS?

Can you tell us what the RFE wanted? We should share information to help each other here.

niki_bb said:
guys:

they requested qlarification on one item from my I-485

my lawer claims he send the original using cetified mail with return reciept. I don't buy it. I resent copies. I had to manualy apply red stripe on the envelope so they know it is not general mail but a response bc otherwise the backlog is out of this world.

My RFE was accepted by someone yesturday sep 27 at 7 am. I got email confirmig reciept around 10 am eastern.

ND is June 2001. I am going to now find the rest of my data and add it to my signature