RFE still not received after 12 days

JamesH

Registered Users (C)
My RFE was issued on 3/11 according to online status, but my lawyer in Dallas still hasn't got it. I'm getting really worried. Is this normal?

Wait for one more week....... if u still don't receives........

then you must follow ur RFE....

did u move and change ur address and submited AR-11?

if you call 1800 they would be saying wait two more weeks......... thats all........

the quick thing is ask ur attorney to send letter to TSC about RFE.

they would send/resend to correct address if somthing wrong...........

I like to share one of my pettition RFE lost in mail because they mistyped the address......... and it was not delevered .....after 2 painfull months of follow up it reached..... whenever I talked to attorney........ he said.... OOOOOOO don't worry ....don't worry........ wasted one and half month only hearing dont worry from him........

I hope ur case would be like this......just wait 15-20 days.....and ask attorney to write letter to tsc and give u copy ........

Good Luck

RFE might take up to 14 days to reach the lawyer, even in Dallas.

You would think with TSC being in Dallas it would be faster...

However, if your lawyer does not get anything in 14 days, you can call the NSC, verify the address they have in their system for the lawyer and ask them to resend the RFE. Your lawyer should be able to do that for you as well.

Alternatively, you can ask them to resend the RFE directly to you, which although not reported here and not advisable, might be an opportunity to bypass the lawyer in the RFE responding process if desired.

Thanks

Thanks a lot for the information guys. I know it might just be my waiting anxiety, but I'll definitely follow up with the lawyer and TSC on your advice if I don't get it by Thursday.

I'm so sick of the whole green card process. Never expected it to screw up one's life so badly. Everyday I had to check my home answer machine a dozen times to see if the lawyer got the stupid letter.

Re: Thanks

JamesH,

Two copies of approval letter were posted on same day from BCIS.

I recieved courtsey copy at home address exactly 4 days after that.

Lawyer received the original copy after 20 days. She still has not sent it me and I have the physical card with me.

I am guessing your lawyer belong to firm - first PO Box, then to mail stamping room, sect to paralegal and then paralegal and then wait for lawyer ... lawyer tells paralegal what to do.

Most likely RFE is in the law office.....

Originally posted by JamesH
Thanks a lot for the information guys. I know it might just be my waiting anxiety, but I'll definitely follow up with the lawyer and TSC on your advice if I don't get it by Thursday.

I'm so sick of the whole green card process. Never expected it to screw up one's life so badly. Everyday I had to check my home answer machine a dozen times to see if the lawyer got the stupid letter.

Still not received after 18 days

Both lawyer and I tried to call USCIS on Friday but was told to call back after 30 days. Those bastards! If they knew it'd take 30 days, why did they put "14 days" on their web site?

What do I do now except waiting until 30 days is past?