RFE response i864

Luisacostafranco

I’m wondering what you guys think I should do.

I got an RFE for my i864. Part of the documents they are requesting is the complete tax return with all the 1099 W2’s etc.

Because my sponsor has so many 1099’s and his tax return is like 84 pages, we weren’t sure if that’s the best way to do it, he also doesn’t feel comfortable sending me the entire 100 pages basically. Do you think I could send a tax transcript instead of sending the full tax return and all tax documents? Do you guys think those are equivalent?

What worries me is that the RFE explicitly says the following

• Submit a completed and signed Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, from the joint sponsor. All pages must be present and of the latest edition date.
  • Provide the joint sponsor's Social Security Number on Form 1-864.
  • Provide a complete and correctly calculated household size on Form I-864.
  • Submit a complete copy of the joint sponsor's 2022 Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and all supporting tax documents (W-2s, 1099s, Form 2555, and tax schedules) for the most recent tax year.
As a side note, he filed taxes jointly with his wife.

According to I-864 instructions, he can provide a tax return transcript instead of a copy of his tax returns. But if he files jointly and is only counting his own income for the I-864 (i.e. his spouse is not filing I-864A), then per the I-864 instructions, he will still need to attach W-2s and 1099s.