RFE: Reply around May. Latest updates

rajesh08

Registered Users (C)
Approved: KingA, Chennu, Ravig, WhereisGC

Not Approved:

Neo (AVM Updated with receipt(correct me if this is wrong)
Ravi0598 ( No Updates in AVM even for receiving RFE)
ssds
Vizard ( No Updates in AVM even for receiving RFE)
Rajesh08 ( No Updates in AVM even for receiving RFE)

No Title

rajesh08, you are right, Neo.

i think we should include what the RFE is for too. mine is for amended I-140.

No Title

Hi ravi0598,

I do not have the notice for RFE. However if you think its important I can ask my lawyer to fax it to me. Also I do not know the address where the reply was sent as again that info is with lawyer.

Other info

PD: 10/99
RD: 01/01
ND: Never asked lawyer
RFE: 04/01 ( For W2, Pay stubs, Empl letter)
RFE received by INS as per courier: 05/11/01
EB2 India
WAC 01-073-56XXX

The reply was sent by Fax again. I do not know the details as to waht exactly the reply was or where it was sent. It was all handled by company lawyer.

No Title

Rajesh08,

Could you please find out the fax number where your lawyer sent the reply to? Also, did s/he just fax the docs with cover letter or any special forms etc.

Thanks
Ravi

No Title

Hold on guys it looks they are finally getting to this .

Checked AVM today and seems they have recvd my RFE(07/11) but still the msg talks about "since prelim processing blah blah takes 900 days :(".

any idea how long it is actually taking after receiving RFE ? Just hoping get the approval soon.

No Title

Vizard,

You sent your RFE reply on 5/28/01, right? Could you post which address (if you have it) did you or your lawyer mail it to?

Thanks

No Title

Ravi0598,

My lawyer refused to give the number saying its illegal since number is only for counsel. Its company lawyer so I can\'t argue with that.

No Title

Rajesh08,

Thanks for your response. But that is the limit, though my attorney will also have it or can find out.

But you are sure that your lawyer did FAX the RFE reply. Did s/he hear back from INS? When did s/he send the fax?

I believe only you and I are left for whom AVM does not even acknowlege the receipt of RFE. What do you plan to do?

Thanks
Ravi

No Title

Yes, our AVM is not yet updated. That\'s for sure.
The docs were faxed on June 25th. No acknowledgement of that from INS. But its possible that next week may bring some results.
INS work is always unpredictable like sometimes a case officer may be on leave. I had a delayed H1 too so right now I know it will come, its only a matter of time. Panic does not help and delays always make one suspect the worst(like something wrong in case)

But there are positive points: RFE is actually a good sign meaning the case is ready to be approved and officer just needs some additional info.

No Title

Guys... I think it is taking between 4-5 weeks after the change of AVM. You should receive approvals soon. I was one of the frustrated people on AVM updates. It took 2 months to update AVM in my case. INS got very poor mail area. First they have to improve that.

Good luck for all you guys.

-WhereIsGC

No Title

Rajesh08,

Thanks for your message. I agree panic does not help. I am concerned because RFE doc said the reply should be sent latest by Aug 3 (my RFE was issued on May 3; they allow 90 days for response) and Aug 3 is not far and INS does not even acknowledge the receipt. Though my attorney and I have a signed delivery confirmation of Express Mail package, it would be a relief if atleast INS system confirms the receipt.

Ravi

No Title

Thanks WhereisGC for your message. Its 60 days today since my RFE reply reached INS, still no updates in AVM.

Ravi

No Title

ravi0598,

Make sure you ask your lawyer to fax a reply to RFE also. He should have the fax number. Also you can ask your lawyer to talk to INS IIO. I think the counsel have a special number. Chennu\'s lawyer did that. I am going to ask my laywer next week to talk to INS

No Title

Ravi ,
  Yes around that time company attorney sent it, sorry I don\'t have the number right-off, will let you know if I can find it. Maybe they are in the process of updating all RFE AVM msgs .

No Title

I am also in the same boat. My lawyer responded to the INS on June 23rd. The AVM is still not updated.

No Title

I go t an RFE on May 24th, after which My Lawyers submitted the papers on the 15th of June. There has been No update since.
The RFE was for W2\'s and an Employment Letter.

gchope

No Title

My Lawyer also called IIO to find out the status of RFE. I think that helped me a lot. Ask your lawyer to call IIO.