RFE recvd after 2nd FP

msgc

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone recvd RFE after doing 2nd FP? I recently checked my online case status and it looks like they've issued an RFE. Not sure what its for though. Anyone have any similar experiences?

Yes, I have found such cases by scanning.

Can you let us know your first FP, second FP date. I probably can tell you why you get RFE after 2nd FP.

My details are as follows:

RD:10/2001
ND: 12/2001
1st FP: 02/2002
2nd FP: Late 06/2003
RFE Issued: 08/2003

Yes, I did it a week or so before the scheduled time.....but I did the same when I did the first FP too........so I don't see why that would generate an RFE.....

No, that won't be a problem. I just want to know when the notice was issued. So that means the notice was issued in May, that means your case was never assigned to an officer before the 2nd fp notice issued. That's why you get RFE after 2nd fp

is there any way to figure out if my case was assigned or not??

Dengdeng

I did my 2nd FP on 7/30/03
not received any RFE yet.
but I plan to change job in few months.
this GC waiting is just a headache for me.

I just not sure what to do if I change my job and receive a RFE.
so I want to figure out if my case was assigned or not.
should I call the vermont center to find out? and what should I do if I receive a RFE after changing job???

Thanks in advance

RD 1/28/02
ND 2/12/02
1st FP received 4/10/02
2nd FP done 7/30/03
no RFE yet

I don't think your case has been assigned. When did you receive the notice? when was the notice issued. If it's very close to the expire date of First FP, then it's not in officer hand. Officer adjudicate cases even if FP expired, only if he's going to approve a case, he will send second FP notice. But that won't be exactly close to the FP expire date. So your case has not been assigned.

At this stage, I'll say wait to change your job. Company has the obligation to send letter to INS informing them you no longer work for the company, worst case can result in your 485 denial, best case will trigger you a RFE. You certainly don't want that, right?

Thanks a lot, Dengdeng

I can't remember when I received the notice and when it was being issued.

I will say I received the notice in the week of July 21 and I have to go back to check when they issued it.
is there any way that I can call vermont and ask them to assign my case to a officer??

maybe I am dreaming....:mad:

it is really bad, I am in the postion to move my career further and I stuck here because this GC thing.

Joanne. There's no way to ask them to assign your case. It's more than a dream.

Who's not stuck because of GC. You at least had 2nd fp done. If I have got mine done, I would be very satisfied right now.