RFE received

karina

Registered Users (C)
Just to let you guys know.. I got an email that they have mailed me a request for additional evidence or information. We'll see what happens.

Karina,I recently recieved RFE,that was to send them a photo and I already did.you may get the same but don't send them the picture of your behind :D :D :D

Good luck

My lawyer received the RFE in the mail - I did not receive it yet for some reason.
They want me to send them the original passport and a clear copy of the government issued ID + they are mentioning that my last year's fingerprints have expired and I will be notified of an appointment to go make them retaken. Can't they just resubmit my prevoiusly taken ones? This is so frastrating.... Why would they need my original passport?

karina said:
My lawyer received the RFE in the mail - I did not receive it yet for some reason.
They want me to send them the original passport and a clear copy of the government issued ID + they are mentioning that my last year's fingerprints have expired and I will be notified of an appointment to go make them retaken. Can't they just resubmit my prevoiusly taken ones? This is so frastrating.... Why would they need my original passport?

Did you travel to foreign countris after your ND ? Was the RFE sent from NSC or TSC ( did your case transfer from NSC to TSC ) ?

I haven't gotten the letter yet - my lawyer did, so i do not know where it came from. As for the foreigh travel - I went to Hungary once for a week, that was it. Hungary is not my home counntry. I used RTD to travel.

You'll be fine..

Hi Karina, they may requested you to send them your original passport to check if you traveled to your home country probably. Don't worry you'll be fine. I sent a application for RTD, they requested me to send a copy of all pages of my original passport, like a said before is just to check and make sure you did not travel to your home country. I hope is that it. Good luck! ;)

JEMF_23

I730-REFUGEE ASYLEE RELATIVE PETITION APPROVED ON 08/22/00
RD-----------------------------------------------------02/03/03
ND ----------------------------------------------------04/03/03
BIO ----------------------------------- Sent by NSC on 09/23/05
BIO----------------------------------------Received on 09/27/05
BIO------------------------------------ Appointment by 10/14/05
BIO DONE ------ ------------------------------------on 09/30/05
LUD --------------09/08/04,10/03/05,10/04/05,10/07/05,10/11/05
What's next :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
But I'm a derivative asylee, why would they be so concerned about me travelling to my home country? They probably need my original passport to try and determine if I had a genuine visa to enter the US...Hell knows...Anybody else on the forum had a similar RFE?

karina said:
But I'm a derivative asylee, why would they be so concerned about me travelling to my home country? They probably need my original passport to try and determine if I had a genuine visa to enter the US...Hell knows...Anybody else on the forum had a similar RFE?

there is nothing to worry. just send them your np or tell the yuo've lost it.

Good luck.

karina said:
I haven't gotten the letter yet - my lawyer did, so i do not know where it came from. As for the foreigh travel - I went to Hungary once for a week, that was it. Hungary is not my home counntry. I used RTD to travel.

Hi Karina.

You won't get RFE on your mail box same thing happened to me uscis had send RFE directly to Attorney office.

Good luck to the rest of people.

karina said:

My understanding is that whether you are principal or derivative asylee, the rules and conditions of asylum won't apply differently. I don't know what the letter of the law says on this.

Did you get your NP renewed, or when you applied for the RTD, did you indicate that you have your NP renewed? What about your spouse?

Did BCIS took copy of your NP when they granted you ( or your principal) asylum status? Unless BCIS found some material irregularities on your file, I don't believe they are interested on your entry visa, because I would assume they examined that when they grant you asylee status.

bornTwice said:
My understanding is that whether you are principal or derivative asylee, the rules and conditions of asylum won't apply differently. I don't know what the letter of the law says on this.

Did you get your NP renewed, or when you applied for the RTD, did you indicate that you have your NP renewed? What about your spouse?

Did BCIS took copy of your NP when they granted you ( or your principal) asylum status? Unless BCIS found some material irregularities on your file, I don't believe they are interested on your entry visa, because I would assume they examined that when they grant you asylee status.

Actually that is wrong borntwice. I can't find the link but there was a memo by USCIs that Derivate ASylees can Travel to home country. I think karina got a RFE request was as she said they want to make sure that she entered U.S on a valid visa instead of "misrepresentation"....Usually there are two ways a derivate can get the benefits from a principal..if he/she is inside the country or outside. As bad as USCIS is, I am pretty sure they have no way of determining if karina was inside/outside the country when her principal filed a I-730.

Link, (memo)

You mean this link wantmygcnow?

http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/nsc110504.html

JEMF_23

I730-REFUGEE ASYLEE RELATIVE PETITION APPROVED ON 08/22/00
RD-----------------------------------------------------02/03/03
ND ----------------------------------------------------04/03/03
BIO ----------------------------------- Sent by NSC on 09/23/05
BIO----------------------------------------Received on 09/27/05
BIO------------------------------------ Appointment by 10/14/05
BIO DONE ------ ------------------------------------on 09/30/05
LUD --------------09/08/04,10/03/05,10/04/05,10/07/05,10/11/05
What's next :confused:

Gebre said:
Karina,I recently recieved RFE,that was to send them a photo and I already did.you may get the same but don't send them the picture of your behind :D :D :D

Good luck
Man you are verry funny lol

My spouse did not file an I-730, I was added to the case when he had an interview for asylum and then we had to go through the immigration judge to get the asylum status.

wantmygcnow said:
Actually that is wrong borntwice. I can't find the link but there was a memo by USCIs that Derivate ASylees can Travel to home country. I think karina got a RFE request was as she said they want to make sure that she entered U.S on a valid visa instead of "misrepresentation"....Usually there are two ways a derivate can get the benefits from a principal..if he/she is inside the country or outside. As bad as USCIS is, I am pretty sure they have no way of determining if karina was inside/outside the country when her principal filed a I-730.

I never renewed my NP, so the one I have on hand expired long time ago (in 1995 which was 10 years ago to be exact)

bornTwice said:

karina said:
I never renewed my NP, so the one I have on hand expired long time ago (in 1995 which was 10 years ago to be exact)

What seems to be the problem. Just send them what they want. Sometimes they don't even know what they want.

karina said:
Don't worried patience has a bitter tast but its fruit is delicious. good luck :)