RFE received for I-485

2001Case

Registered Users (C)
This is what my lawyer sent me via email, but he is sending the original RFE soon.

"They want evidence of initial lawful admission and continued maintenance."

Did anyone get this kind of RFE, I don't know why they ask for this since I travel 3 time in past 12 months and currently I have a parole status till next year. I don't know why they don't have my status info already.

Any advise would help and what should I send to them beside copies of I-94

ND: 5-14-01

Thanks

Originally posted by 2001Case
. I don't know why they don't have my status info already
They have all your status, and yet they will issue RFE. Do you even think that all of us who receive RFE for I-140/I-485 filing for an AP are receiving it just because that info is not available with INS, despite having our Alien-Number? If so, what kind of approval is that, when they approve a I-485 petition for others without RFE?

So, the point is, due to administrative reasons they will issue RFE. It may be for anything.

So, in your case, I think you need to send copies of your passport stamping of your initial entry and then you have to discuss with your attorney in writing a well-drafted rejoinder which should include all details as to the virtue by which you continuously resided in the US and by corroborating copies of all the passport stamping for each of the visits you may have undertaken in the recent past.

Originally posted by 2001Case
This is what my lawyer sent me via email, but he is sending the original RFE soon.

"They want evidence of initial lawful admission and continued maintenance."

Did anyone get this kind of RFE, I don't know why they ask for this since I travel 3 time in past 12 months and currently I have a parole status till next year. I don't know why they don't have my status info already.

Any advise would help and what should I send to them beside copies of I-94

ND: 5-14-01

Thanks

Do you have copies of all your I-94 departure cards since you first entered USA?
If that is the case, that is excellent.
In my case, when I had filed for 485, I had given a list of my entries and departure date.
I believe everyone or lot of filers must have done that.

You too might have But like poon.... said, TSC still issues RFE.

Just write it on a letter and send it alongwith your photocopies of passport stamps & other relevant photocopies that you have ( i-94 et al )

hi, 2001Case:

Did you ever change employer or address and inform INS after you file i485?

Thank you.

yes I did change employer, but never notify them. but when I was coming from Toronto last year, officer ask for employment change and I told him yes and he took a copy of employer letter I had.

RFE

I received the a similar RFE.

My lawyer asked me for copies all my previous AP and all the stamps on my passport.

Good luck