GC07212001

Registered Users (C)
Is any one else in the same boat as me.

RD 072101
ND 082501
FP 112301
RFE 052802
RFE (response received by INS) 071002
Called IIO about a week back and was told that the case is still not assigned to any officer.

Any suggestions. I had heard that after responding to RFE usually we hear something in 6 to 8 weeks, but not in my case :confused: :confused: :confused:

Can't say I'm exactly in the same boat as you are. Here is my situation :

RFE raised on 08/01/2002
RFE resp. received by INS on 08/20/2002

It is going to be 1 month in a week and nothing has been done about my case. Based on most RFE cases being adjudicated within a few days (some in 2), I hoped that I would get the approval very soon. But, now that hope has faded away.

The RFE was an employment based one :

1. Letter from employer on letter head with details of hire date, remuneration, prospects for future employment
2. Copy of passport for self and wife
3. Tax return for 2001

The funny thing is the AVM message which goes as :

"your response was received on Aug. 20th. It is taking between 360-580 days. However, since preliminary processing of the case was completed before the RFE was raised, your case will be processed in 580 days."

They seem to raise the hope and smash it soon after :)

I'm planning on calling the IIO after it has been a month.

-Raj

I am with you

GC07212001,

I am in the same boat with you. My RFE response was received by INS on 07/09/02 (1 day before yours). I called twice since then. First time (6th Aug) i was told everything matched on my file (means not yet sent to an officer for adjudication) and i should hear in about 2-3 weeks. I called again after 3 weeks (28th Aug) and this time i was told my case is back with an officer for adjudication and i should hear in about 2-3 weeks. It's already 2 weeks passed but no news.

On 27th Aug i have celebrated 1 year anneversary of my RD.

Tired of waiting and stopped checking AVM from last two days. Let us see what happens.

Thanks kalluris and Raj, for sharing your info on this thread. Is there any expert opinion for such cases or wait and wait is the only valid option.

Please keep posting your progress in this forum.

Does RFE give estimated processing time?

My RFE said that it would take at least 14 days
to process, but if you hadn't heard in 60 days to
call the IIO.

Does yours mention anything like that? It seemed
standard small print. Do you have a lawyer who
can speak to someone at VSC? This has to be
so stressful for you. I would imagine its likely an
office mix-up (all those files in milk crates we've
read about), but it is your life.

best,

Peeps

Case Update

Just called INS to varify the address change that we sent recently. I also asked about the status of my case.
She said my case is currently being reviewed by an officer and may take another 2-3 MONTHS ????$^$##@^(*&^
She also said she can not guarentee how long it will take to review.

This is third time i was calling after we sent the response to an RFE on 1st of July. Last
two times i was told i should hear in about 2-3 WEEKS. Now WEEKS become MONTHS. No choice but
wait.

Thanks kalluris for sharing the info.

My lawyer call IIO today and got the same answer, "Case is still pending and not yet sent to any officer" The IIO couldnot say why it is still pending, but he said, he will look into it. Lets see, Wait and Watch.
:confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused:

Thanks kalluris for sharing the info.

My lawyer call IIO today and got the same answer, "Case is still pending and not yet sent to any officer" The IIO couldnot say why it is still pending, but he said, he will look into it. Lets see, Wait and Watch.
:confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused:

We are also sailing in the same boat. RFE received by INS on 08/21 and the AVM still says the same thing. :confused:
RFE was for Emp letter, pay stubs and tax returns.