rfe received April 23 2002

Apr2004

Registered Users (C)
My status says an rfe has been sent on 06/23/2004.
Did FAX and sent letter indicating FP expiring.

One question - who receives rfe, lawyer or me or both?
ND 04/23/2004
FP May 2002

Lawyer.

Sometimes, very rarely, they would send a courtesy copy to the applicant. It did not happen in my case, but a distant friend of mine claims he's got it.

Thanks eltoro!
Can I call BCIS to enquire about the content of rfe? or will I have to wait for the letter?

Apr2004 said:
Can I call BCIS to enquire about the content of rfe?
I seriously doubt it. The CSR at the phone will tell you exactly what's on the web site. Namely: "The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed." Mine was sent June 3, lawyer received it June 9 - just four business days. I know - it's like eternity, especially with expiring fingerprints, but I'd just wait.

Meanwhile - prepare yourself. Most likely they will ask for the employment verification letter - I assume you are employment based. Ask your lawyer to prepare a draft EVL for you now. Ask your manager/HR to determine who will sign the EVL once it arrives. Secure the HR signatures (maybe someone goes onto vacation) etc, even find out where is the company letterhead paper stored. Everything possible done now shortens the time the RFE is on your hands. I speak from my own experience - because of these small delays here and there I was able to answer the RFE only on June 21!