RFE on H1B after GC stamping

nsupi

Registered Users (C)
Dear All,

I require the collective advice of the wonderful people of this group.

Company "A" sponsored my GC through lawyer1. Two months into my 485 Company "A" was bought over by Company "B". Company B\'s lawyer2 said as per the buying terms, "B" does not qualify as a successor-in-interest and therefore GC cannot be continued. I spoke to another lawyer3 and he told me that under AC21 since 485 was not adjudicated within 180 days, and my job with Company "B" was in the same work/title/pay as in Company "A", I should be fine.

Meanwhile it was time for H1B extension, Company "B" applied for extension and amendment. A few days back I received the 485 approval notice and got the I-551 stamped on my passport . Now I received an RFE on the H1B. The RFE is asking for paystubs and/or W2 in the past year. My company lawyer2 is bent on replying to the RFE by sending the I-551. I\'m uncertain whether this is required as INS should have the details (my guess).

Given the history
* Am I justified in getting the GC.
* Should I disregard the RFE, if so how can I dissuade lawyer2. OR should I reply to the RFE.
* Should I send the I-551, will this cause any issues.
* Are there any concerns that I\'m not foreseeing.

Thank you immensely.

Your Lawyer is crazy

Once, you got passport stamp with I-551, H1B exntension should be withdrawn right away.