RFE on DOB and parentage urgent!!!

hpatra

Registered Users (C)
The USCIS is seeking further evidence concerning my birth date. They acknowledge receipt of the birth affidavits we sent, but are asking for additional information. They want the oldest of the following items in order to establish your birth date and parentage:

1. Hospital birth records which name the child and both parents.
2. Medical Records which name the child and both parents.
3. School records which name the child and both parents.
4. Census records which name the child and both parents.
5. Church records in the form of a certificate under the seal of the church where baptism, dedication, presentation or comparable rite occurred within two months after birth, showing the date and place of the child's birth, date of the religious ceremony and the names of the child' parents.

They specifically state that they do not want additional birth affidavits.

In fact, I have the following docs
(a) A high school certificate - 10th grade(dated 1991) which has only father name along with date of birth.
(b) A date of birth certificate from my college(dated 1998) which has only DOB no parents names on it.
(c) Recently got a letter from primary school stating the DOB and both parents names

Please let me know if the above documents are sufficient. If anyone has already received and/or responded to similar type of RFE, please respond asap. Thanks in adavance.

hpatra

"It does have both parents names; did u send that?"......
I didn't understand your post. btw i haven't sent any documents. I'm waiting to see if anyone has already sent any document and any outcome of that.

kirankumarj said:
It does have both parent's name along with DOB. Did you already send that?

Copy of passport will not be accepted by USCIS to proove DOB.

Also, you can get a birth certificate from Consulate/Embassy. Even this won't be accepted by USCIS.

10th grade

will the 10th grade high school certificate be accepted by USCIS? It has only father name and no mother name on it.

Please let me know what has been accepted so far w.r.t my posting above.

hpatra said:
will the 10th grade high school certificate be accepted by USCIS? It has only father name and no mother name on it.

Please let me know what has been accepted so far w.r.t my posting above.

USCIS sometimes ask to get a certificate from local municipality mentioning 'no birth information record found' and your birth affidavits.

These two certificates should be ok.

But in your case, USCIS didn't mention about this particular certificate.

I don't think they would accept your 10th grade high school ceritifcate because it doesn't have your mom's name.

Please refer to my original post above. I have already sumitted 'Non availability certificate' and affidavits. Apart from that they are asking for School, Medical, Hospital, and/or Census records.

I'm thinking of submitting 10th grade certificate along with a letter from primary school stating my DOB and both parents name. Will this work? Gurus please comment.

rfe

thanks for the response.
what is the outcome after you responded to the RFE? Did you get the approval....

thanks
hpatra