RFE on Birth Certificate (Need Help/ Input)

PinkPanther

I received an RFE on "Birth Certificate" from VSC. The RFE says that the birth certificate, which I submitted, is secondary evidence. (I had submitted a certificate from the "hospital"...that\'s the best I was able to get). The INS now needs a primary evidence of my birth and is looking in for a certificate issued from a local civil authority (or a certificate saying that the birth was not registered).

The RFE also indicated that if none of the above documents are available then in that case, I should submit the following:

Copy of personal pages from the passport,

Copy of last visa issued to enter US,

Copy of stamp received from the immigration folks on my last entry.

My company lawyer indicated that since the request related to "copies from passport" is so clear, we are OK in sending these documents. (Personally, I fail to see the connection between the two). My question to you all is "Do I need to start the process of organizing this certificate from local civil authority of my birth place in India" or should I work with the assumption that the documents, which I have sent, are good enough. (I do not want to loose any more time for GC and need some expert opinion before organizing the required documents from civil authorities proactively for a potential second RFE on the same issue.)

Any input based on past experience/ common knowledge will be highly appreciated.

For reference, my 485 application details are as follows:

Category: EB 1
PD: 10/99
RD: 8/00
ND: 9/00
FP: 11/00
RFE Issued: 7/27/01
Response FedEx to INS: 8/6/01 (with "passport\' related information as indicated above)

Thanks in advance for all your help

No Title

I too had got such request item among a huge list of request for evidence.
The letter clearly stated that "in Lieu" of the BC from local authorities , i could submit CERITIFIED copies of all pages of my passport (including blank pages) .
In addition to certified copies of my passport pages, i send in the BC i got from the Indian consulate (because my lawyer insisted - For which i had to shell out another $100, for me and my wife).
I have submitted these documents on June 29th 2001.
No approval yet....

pink pather and princeifpersia....I am confused..when i filed my 485 at CSC i was told by my lawyer

send them copies of all pages of passport..did u guys send copies of all (including blank ) pages while filing 485?

No Title

My RFE request clearly stated that I should send copies of personal data pages from the passport only. (Hence, I did notinclude copies of any blank pages. Actually, I have just send them 4 pages -2 from the front+ 2 from the back. Thats what my company lawyer asked me to do.)

Debo_Nair : I did not send copies of any blank pages at the time of my 485 application either.(I applied in VSC)

Prince Of Persia : What kind of document did you get from the Indian Consulate?? This is the first time, I am hearing of such a thing.

No Title

Don\'t worry. Send copies of your passport and I-94. I didn\'t have BC either. I Just sent a attested court letter from back home stating that I was born on such and such date and my parents names plus copies of all the endorsed pages of my passport and copy of I-94. You can get the copies attested here from any notery public, just take originals with you. And if you can (just to be on safe side) get another letter from you embassy stating your date/place of birth and parents names.
Just got approved on 8/7/01
Goodluck