RFE -- medical examination

gveerara

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I have received an RFE on my I-485 application.

The notice indicates that the medical submitted with the application does not have the test results for HIV & Syphilis and asks me to submit an addendum from the original doctor to prove that these tests were done and attach the results too.

In the I-693 form that I had submitted to the INS before, my doctor had checked the option:
No apparent defect, disease or disability.

Does the INS always require that the results of each test also be sent to them?

Or is this a flimsy reason being used by INS to deliberately delay adjudicating cases? I'm really confused and frustrated.
Has anyone else received or come across this type of RFE before?
Any information is greatly appreciated....

ND-08/01/2001
FP-03/28/2003

Thanks in advance.

You are lucky that INS touched your case. I have noticed in my date range two folks were sent RFE’s in early May 2003 and they were approved by the end of May 2003. So think of this as a good sign and just do what the damn BCIS asks. You should get your approval soon.

TSC is WORKING on 2001 cases. WAIT for your APPROVAL

RD 7/01
ND 9/01
FP 4/03

Good luck to all waiters

gveerara:

Was either your AVM msg or the online status updated after your FP? My latest conspiracy theory (alluded to by some in this forum) is that TSC is touching only those cases for which the FP msg has been updated.

Naturally the reason for this theory is that neither the AVM nor the online status been updated after my FP.

ND: 3/02
FP: 4/03

Regards,

My online status was not updated after I finished my fingerprinting.
So...the theory that they are not working on the cases for which the status has not been updated does not hold true in my case.
But it has been updated after I received the RFE.

As tru suggested, I will try to provide whatever BCIS asks for and hope that they adjudicate my case at the earliest...

If it makes you feel any better my friend's wife was adjudicated about a month after she provided the supplemental medical info they requested thru a RFE. She was pregnant when the filed their AOS and couldn't take some of the shots that are required. Of course this was in 2002 when there was some activity in TSC.

YMMV...