RFE issued for 140 (RD 12/30/2003)

musiclover

Registered Users (C)
Just rcvd an e-mail that an RFE has been issued for my 140 application. Not sure if I should be happy that they touched my case or sad that they did not approve it without RFE. Will update here as to what the RFE is about when I get it.

RFE for 140s are usually ability to pay or employee qualifications.
If you are ok with these points, I would be happy.
Elnegro

Elnegro,

I would really doubt (though you never know with USCIS) if it is "ability to pay". I work for a public university.

As far as Employee qualifications go, I think I am ok there. The labor ad was for Bachelors plus 2 years and I had Bachelors plus nearly 3 when we applied for my labor.

I hope it is something simple.

once you know what your rfe is about let me know. as i am also in a university but a research position with advanced degree from US.

Update

I got an e-mail from my attorney today as he rcvd. the RFE.

"The RFE questions whether you had the required experience before labor application date and also asks for a formal credential evaluation of your bachelors program."

I will meet with him in a day or two and find out what he suggests.

Where does one get "formal credential evaluation" of a bachelor's degree? Mine is a four year Bachelor of Engineering from Osmania University, Hyderabad. India.

Response time for RFE

What's the standard time (in days) to repond to RFEs. Does it vary or is it pretty much the same for everyone?

Thanks,
IGM

indgcmagic said:
What's the standard time (in days) to repond to RFEs. Does it vary or is it pretty much the same for everyone?

Thanks,
IGM

Mine was issued March 10, 2005 and we have to get the evidence back to USCIS by June 2, 2005.

A question for the gurus.

One of the requirements on my RFE is to "provide a detailed explaination of material evaluated, rather than a simple conclusive statement".

I talked to one of the evaluation companies and they suggest a "general" report for all imimigration purposes instead of "course-by-course" detailed report. I read her my RFE requirement and she still suggested a "General" report.

Did anyone have a similar experience? Suggestions please.

Thanks.

Musiclover,

this might be a little late for you.
But I am posting anyway.

My credential was evaluated by the following company -

FOREIGN CREDENTIAL EVALUATIONS INC.
4514 CHAMBLEE DUNWOODY ROAD, SUITE 328
ATLANTA, GEORGIA 30338
PH: 770-352-0172

Please confirm the phone number as mine was done 6 years ago.

thanks

I appreciate all your input. I spoke to my lawyer and he suggested I go with the "general report" as that was what the eval company suggested. I have already sent my paperwork to this company in Wisconsin "Educational Credential Evaluations" (www.ece.org). I will get a chance to review their report before I attach it with my RFE response. If I do not feel comfortable, I will get it re-done by one of the eval companies that some of you have recommended. I know it is extra cost but after spending so much already on the GC process (not to count the mental stress), another $100-$200 is not much.

I appreciate all the responses.

Thank you.