RFE Issued for 09/2002 Case

maverick1976

Registered Users (C)
According to the online status an RFE was issued on my case yesterday (4/13). Don't know anything else yet. I shall post further details as and when I hear from my lawyer.

My case details are as follows

ND : 09/02
RD : 09/02
1st FP : 12/02
RFE : 04/13/04
EB3 from IL but moved to CA earlier this year and filed AR-11 change of address form.

Maverick, could you share your experince of moving to a different service area?

I am in the similar condition as yours. I filed my case to NSC and now am planing to move to VSC. I want to keep using the same attorney. What procedures I should follow?

Thanks in advance ...

Not sure if your case is similar to mine.
I didn't switch employers , just moved from one loaction to another. Hence I have the same lawyer too.
Here's what I did ..
  1. Filed AR-11 change of Address form
  2. Called up ths USCIS Customer Service number and gave them my new address
    [/list=1]

maverick1976,
Interesting..., can you post the RD and ND dates. Also do you know anything about your First FP still valid or expired or any other infor...?

VSC->CSC: EAD,AP issue

Hi maverick1976,

I had to move from East coast to West coast due to the job,
although working for the same company (and while reporting
to the same manager). At the time of my move, both my EAD
and Parole were close to expiry. My attorney felt that I
had to apply for my renewal of both EAD and AP
in CSC (instead of VSC) and he did so too.

Now here is where the things became complicated (eventually
out of hand). Our application for the renewals was filed
in August 2003 (in CSC) and we still have not got our respective
EAD and AP. Here is how it went

a. CSC saw that our 485, EAD and AP were initially filed
in VSC and promptly transferred EAD to Vermont.

b. Then we received an RFE for AP which we provided but that
too met with the same fate eventually - to Vermont it went.

c. Now the online status check page shows that EAD/AP
was received "here for processing on Feb 20 2004". And I
dont even know what that "here" means. And as you
can imagine, calling BCIS was of no help.

It appears the intial receipt date which should have been
August 2003, seems to have been reset to Feb 2004. Now,
I have no clue (and so does my lawyer) as to how to deal
with this situation and how long the wait is gonna be ... ?

But the larger question is "should the EAD and AP be filed
in CSC because I moved from east to West coast or would
just a change of address suffice ?"

Also the lawyer has filed for another application to move
I-485 processing from VSC to CSC and I/he have no idea
or update on what is going on that front ?

In other words, I am in a big mess.

Any suggestions or ideas will be much appreciated.

Can I apply for an interim EAD and/or AP ?

I understand u came across a similar situation ...so ur lawyer didn't advice u to tansfer the app. to CSC like our lawyer did?In wonder if our lawyer is doing the rt. thing...

Thank You !!
sumram

Fire your attorney. He is stupid. As long as your 485 application is in VSC, it is still valid for you to apply for EAD/AP renewal at VSC eventhough you moved across the country. No need to request VSC to move your file to CSC. You are wasting time.

I moved from NSC area to CSC area. I applied for EAD renewal at NSC (online), gave pointer finger at local office (CSC region). got approved in 35 days. Company applied for 7th year H1 at NSC, got approved in 40 days. Recieved a 2nd FP noticd from NSC scheduling to local office (CSC region). As on today everything went on well from NSC. I pray to god (if exists), to get our approval from NSC without local transfer.

I agree with peace_of_mind. You filed your case thru VSC and I see no reason for you to contact the CSC , UNLESS VSC transfers your case to CSC

I applied from my second EAD , when I was still living in IL , but
I will have to apply for my 3rd EAD in a month and I will do so with the NSC.

As regards interim EAD , not sure how that works but I've read some where that if you don't get one in 90 days then you can go to the local office. You might want to do some more research on that.

maverick1976,
Please post your RD and ND dates. Also do you know anything about your First FP still valid or expired...

My RD : 09/12/2002
ND : 09/25/2002
1st FP : 12/18/2002

The online status earlier was ...

"On July 9 2003 we received your finger print notice .... "

Not sure if they count from 12/02 or from 7/03. But looking at Indiagirl's posting I feel they will send me a 2nd FP notice sometime soon.

They did send me a response to the AR-11 change of address form but they didn't ask me to send an AR-11 again , so i haven't.
Will talk to my lawyer about it.

The trend these days is to issue a RFE and send a 2nd finger printing notice. I guess things will be clear in the next few days.

Will keep you guys posted !!

maverick1976

My details are exactly same with same online message. Was not asked to do AR11 again after mailing. No FP2 yet. If counted from date FP1 was done, it will expire this week end. Hopefully something will happen

Mine is also 09/02

Hi My RD is 08/28/2002 and ND is 09/05/2002.I did my second FP on 04/03/2004. But no change of onl;ine status and no RFE

I guess you are one of the lucky ones. You can get approved without an RFE , but I have to still wait for my 2nd FP notice.

maverick1976,peace_of_mind

Thanks for your responses. Yes, I did think that my lawyer
has screwed up big time but the problem is that he is
not acknowledging the fact (that he messed up). So I guess
I have to talk to BCIS directly to see what they can do

The positive point is now RD sept Oct are being handled I would request all the memebers please post their RFE or anything else they get from UCIS so that it keeps the spirit of others. Thanks. Honey

I am definetly expecting RFE since My wife did not do immunisation due to preganancy and i did change my address.May be they don't need your second FP since it is not 15 months yet and you may get approved without second FP.I have seen few cases like that.My best guess is your FP is at the verge of expiry , so they sent an RFE to approve before it expires.Good luck to you
Originally posted by maverick1976
I guess you are one of the lucky ones. You can get approved without an RFE , but I have to still wait for my 2nd FP notice.

jhonyrk ,

I consider myself an eternal optimist too , but when dealing with the CIS , I have to don my skeptical hat.

My finger prints were taken on 12/18/2002 .. it surely is more than
15 months since that date. Unless the CIS claims it received them on July 9, 2003 (not sure what happend to them for 6 months) and are calculating 15 months from the latter, which I highly doubt. Someone with an Oct 2002 RD received a 2nd FP notice and have posted their details in another thread.