RFE issued, complicated situations

luther

Gurus, here is my story with twisted and complicated situations:

After working for company A for half year, suddenly got laid off and employer sent notice to INS to revoke H1 instantly. I couldn’t find a job that quickly, in order to stay in status, I filed I539 to change status to F1. But half month later, company A want to continue the employment, but worrying H1 could have been revoked already, they filed an H1 extension for me, and it was approved one month later. But the worst part is: the H1-F1 transfer was approved 2 days later after the approval of H1 extension. I was confused about my status; F1 or H1? The company immigration attorney thinks I was still in H1, so I was back to work for Company A for another 1.4 years until I switched to employer B.

I have been with company B for about 4 years, during this period, I filed GC application and started using EAD after my H1 with company B expired. I received an RFE yesterday asking to provide all my I-20s and I539 extension of stay. My current attorney become uncertain if I was really in H1 status during 1.4 years time with company A. If INS see I-20s which was approved 2 day after H1 extention, will they think I were out of status for 1.4 years?

I am so confused, this worry has been doomed me all the time, and finally it comes to me. I wonder if anyone has similar situations can share some of experience. (Maybe there isn’t one except me with such wired and twisted situations)? Any suggestions?

Great thanks in advance.