RFE in regular mail or email?

blury

Registered Users (C)
Hi.I was just wondering if the USCIS sends a RFE, does it show up in the case status and do we get an email regarding that or do they only send it by snail mail?the reason i'm asking is i recently moved and i'm getting very paranoid about not recieving USCIS mail.I have changed my adress and filed AR11 but i'm still nervous.They have not sent me a RFE but i'm just wondering if they do,will i be able to find out even if i dont get the snail mail.I applied for removal of conditions in august 08 to the VSC and my case was transferred to CSC on feb 26th.I never recieved the letter of transfer in mail.
thanks for your help.

Sometimes they send an email saying that an RFE was sent, but the email will never say what is in the RFE. But other times they just directly send the RFE without sending an email or updating the case status online.

Filing AR-11 is not sufficient. They don't just maintain one address per person, they have one address based on your AR-11, and another address for each pending application. Failure to update the address linked to the I-751 is probably the reason you did not receive the transfer notice in the mail. You need to update the address for each and every application that is in progress.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes they send an email saying that an RFE was sent, but the email will never say what is in the RFE. But other times they just directly send the RFE without sending an email or updating the case status online.

I think their system is supposed to automatically send out email when there's action on your case, but apparently that's not what it's doing. You may or may not receive an email.