RFE in I-140

neelnirali

Registered Users (C)
I did reply RFE....in VSC...

Generally how many days it take once reply reaches to VSC before they approve 140? is it most likely to get approve?

Any idea from any one?

Hi neelnirali!

In my case it took only 10 days for the approval.Even you may hear your approval notice soon.

Is there a way to find out what the RFE is about over the phone.I have an RFE as per the online status but my attorney hasn't received it yet . The only information that you can receive from the toll free no. is what we see online. Any way to get more detailes or do we just have to wait for the attorney to receive it.

I don't think you can know whatz RFE about till you receive actual notice, but if you have not received any communication from BCIS 14 days after they issue RFE, then you can contact them to know details about RFE.

RFE

H NeelNirali

It normally takes about 10 days to get the RFE notice.
In my case RFE was sent on Sep 5 and the attorney got it
on Sep 16. There is no way one can know about the RFE.
Just wait. RFE is always good and yours will be approved very soon once they receive the reply.

All the best

Sekar

kSekar

did u get RFE sep 5, 2003 and when did u reply to RFE . Has your EAD and I 140 been approved - am desperately waiting for EAD

got RFE on Sept 3rd - lawyer reced on sep 26th, RFE reply sent on Oct 6.

RFE was on my qualifications (had to send more copies of degree eval), company financials. does anyone know how long??????

Hi Monsa25

I am collecting reco letters still to reply to RFE questions.
I will be sending them by Oct. 20th. I have time till Dec 1st.
I have EAD and AP till Dec 6th and already applied for renewal.
Nobody knows what is going to happen. Based on the info posted in the forum, it looks to be fine. Meanwhile I got laid off last week but the company agreed to sponsor my future job and
so the attorney says there should not be any problem for me for another six months at least.
Now trying to find another job.

From the forum I learn that it will take 10 days to approve the case. If you had sent it on Oct 6th I hope you can expect an approval by Oct 20th or so.

Let us see how this works out.

All the best

Sekar

My experience with RFE

Hello,
Mine is a lablor substitution.
I got an RFE on July12th. RFE was on company's ability to pay and they wanted the original Labor certificate.
My attorney responded to my RFE on August 18th. My 140 is not yet approved. EAD and AP are also not yet approved.
So, getting an RFE doesn't always mean that it will be approved immediately.
Good Luck with your RFE.

GC_anu

Congrats

Was jsut gonna write to you and ask to keep me informed when u get your I-140 approval. Great news

Pray for us now

I had two RFEs.

There were about 4 months between two RFEs. They approved my case on the next day by receiving my 2nd RFE reply. So nobody knows what they will do.

Hi,
VSC received my RFE response on June 10, 2003, both my EAD and I-140 were approved on August 26, 2003.

You need to get affidavit from a colleague in that company

I have attached a sample affidavit.

If you were working as a contractor in some company you may also get affidavit from your manager there.

This information is from this forum only - so you may want to consult someone else too.