RFE -I485 Pending case

malai2000

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Few weeks back I have received an RFE email notification from Nebraska processing Center for my I-485 Pending case. As per the email notification it is 15 days past now and I did not get the original RFE letter from USCIS. After 15 days I called USCIS and they asked me to wait for another 15 days to see whether i get letter or not. The question for you is whether I will get a copy of the letter or it will go to my lawyer who filed my I-485. your help is appreciated.

Thanks

they are both right, call your lawyer. If the attorney's office has not received it yet, have them pick up the phone and call the service center.

good luck,

All RFE's for I-485, I-140, I-765, I-131 go to the lawyer only, if we hire a lawyer. All approvals except I-140, I-485 come to us directly. Approval notice of I-485 goes to the both.

Dear Friends,

Thanks for all your help. As per your reply I believe that the RFE will go to only lawyer. I have a situation here. I have switched to new company with EAD so I am no longer with the company/lawyer who has filled my I-485. so is there a way to get a copy of the RAFE from USCIS so that I can responed to the RFE. For some reason my lawyer don't want to give me a copy of the RFE directly to me and he advise me to hire a lawyer to represet my case. My I-485 is pending for more than 2 years so I just wanted to appear my self for the RFE but my lawyer not willing to send me a copy of the RFE. Please advise me on how to handle my situation?. By the way what is the time limit for responding to RFE?. It's already 3 weeks past and I am kind of nerves with this situation. Please help.

Thanks

malai2000,
You have several options:

1. Since you do not have much involvement with an attorney right now, you can go and hire one, pay a small fee, and start running.

2. File a request for a copy of your file, and it should be there as well.

3. Call USCIS and ask for a copy. I think I read in one of the threads that you can, however am not sure. Whomever can shed some light on this one, please do so.

in any case, good luck!!

Dear Friends,

thanks for all your advise. I the original RFE was sent to my lawyer who has filed my I-485. Finally, he sent me a copy of RFE. The actula issue was in the Medical form I-693 my signature and my wife's sigunate was not there. Some how it was missed from I-693 INS;copy.

Thanks for all your help.

Best wishes