RFE - how long does it take to get it?

Silly Man

Volunteer moderator
My RFE was generated on 8/19 .. and I still haven't gotten it ..

This is for I485 filed in CSC and it is being mailed to my lawyer who is in NYC.

When should I expect it? Is it time to panic yet?

How do you count 14 days .. 14 business days or total days?

silly man,

Did you do your 2nd FP yet? Did I read some where on this forum that if there is a 2nd FP pending, it appears as an RFE in the online message until FP received, or am I dreaming?

do not worry. you may receive it by Saturday. if not get it, ask your lawyer to contact INS on 9/3. In general, your lawyer should receive the INS mail in 14 days if INS did mail it out.

don't worry SM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
silly man,

Did you do your 2nd FP yet? Did I read some where on this forum that if there is a 2nd FP pending, it appears as an RFE in the online message until FP received, or am I dreaming?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

SM, gopher,
That is not true as you SAID 2nd FP not always turned out to be AS RFE {on this forum couple of PEOPLE SAID 2nd FP as RFE and some said real RFE }

SM ,
14 days means I beleive 14 working days, when we got our 2nd EAD cards it took more 2 weeks to reach us .

don't worry, be ready with your W2's , pay stubs and 1040 forms with EVL.

GOOD LUCK
Patha

Silly Man

Remember, BCIS don't usually mail out the documents the next day although it was generated on the 19th. They may wait a few days and I have seen that on the postmark of the envelope before. Hang in there, you'll get your RFE soon. In the meanwhile, just prepare the employment letter which is what BCIS request these days.

SM,

my RFE was also dated 8/19 and reached my lawyer on 8/25 in Atlanta, GA... i guess its just the mail thing which takes some time...

SM,

There is 5-10 day delay at least from when RFE on online message to when RFE actually mailed. Then add postal transit.

Hi

Hi Sillyman,

Hopefully you will get your RFE soon.
It took me 7 days to get an RFE for my EAD but they sent the RFE to my residential address not to my lawyer.

-WAC-02-057-XXXXX

Thanks everyone. So I think I should wait till 9/3 then.

The RFE reaching home is sorta weird though since 99.999% folks told me that RFE's go to lawyers. Are EAD RFE's different?

Incidentally, 2nd FP was a seperate notice, I think this is a real RFE.