RFE - help..

shanku1973

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

Today my lawyer received a RFE from USCIS on my wife's I485 application. The detail is "The USCIS is requesting evidence to demonstrate
that her marriage to you is bona fide"

We have already submitted our marriage certificate but still this RFE came in. Anyone else ran into this situation? any suggestions. My lawyer suggested to provide joint tax filing,bills, etc.,. All our accounts and utility bills are under individual names, we never felt to have our both names listed.

Any suggestions....

Thanks in advance,
Shan

That is an easy RFE... U need to resubmit the marriage certificate.. and sometimes the passport has the name of the spouse .. U can submit that.. if u do not have joint account .. then U can submit affadavits from know persons.. if the person is citizen then it works better.. Submit 2 years of tax filing.. joint or married filing sperately will do .. As it has both the names on it ... If U have a homestead .. generally it has both the names... Even apartment lease will have both the names.... More the evidence U submit better it is ...

Good luck Ur 485 approval is on the way..

Last edited by a moderator:
We got same RFE even though we submitted marriage cerificate earlier.We resubmitted the same marriage certificate,apart from that we didn't submit anything else like joint acccount,affidavite etc...LUD has been changed 06/13,06/14,06/15 and 06/16.

I'm getting scared after reviewing ur replies...because we just resubmitted only marriage certificate.Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mahi