Rfe Help!

jk_GC

Registered Users (C)
friends,
your suggestion helps me alot now. I got rfe for date of birth certificate , unfortunately i don't have one... so parents taken Non-Availability certificate and affidavits in india and posting them on friday 24th.. its going to take at least 4 days to a week to get them here, so i cannot respond to my rfe before July 1st.

So my questions are..
1. Do we have to submit originals?, can i submit copies(scanned) of all these documents tomorrow?, so that i can expect some decision on my case before July .. H1 expiring in Aug .. i can save couple of thousands ..-))

2. Can i send the response thru FEDEX?.

3. I got the rfe, who has to responds to the rfe .. attorney or myself?.

4. Do we have put some cover letter?, if so formatt please......

5. What do you guy's suggest? .. keep quite and respond to rfe once i got all the original documents and expect the decision after Oct?.

6. What would be the worst if i respond now with copies?.

Please inform me if some thing important that i have to keep in mind ..my attorney never responds .. he will give yes or no reply once for 5 emails .. and he will charge $20 per phone call ..

Thanks friends, your help is greatly appreciated on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave only copies....unavilable certificate, 3 affidavit....may be RFE will come.....still waiting for 485....

I think we need not submit the originals for the affidavits too. Legible copies should be fine. I got this advice from my attorney. I did not get any RFE on that yet!!

Copies are enough

I had a similar RFE. My case was approved just with copies of affidavits. Keep originals with you in case they wanted to see.

Good luck!